• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Purchased IBM 5364 from eBay

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I recently purchased an IBM 5364 from eBay I guess on a whim. I have received the main box, but still am waiting for what I would call the receiver card for an IBM 5170. There is supposed to be a disk that has some software to allow starting an IPL from the PC. I do not have the connecting cable but I do have what appears to be a similar cable for one of the IBM 5161 expansion cabinets that I have.

If anyone knows the part number for the connecting cable I would be appreciate any help that would allow me to research the pin outs.

The OS SSP 5.1 is supposed to be loaded on the system and I do have several twinax cards and the emulation software as well as a couple of 5250 terminals that I want to try and attach to the system if I can it to boot up.

Not one of the smarter purchases I have every made, any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

The part number tag on my cable is 8266528, EC number 842524, Dated May 10 1985, apparently manufactured by CMS.
My system is functional.

I have the same cable with my 5364 - same numbers but dated 3 days later - May 13, 1985.

The cable is the same as the one used for the 5161. Effectively it's a DC62 wired straight through.

The interface card is not the same as used for the 5161.

Back