• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

need help identifying 486 board

It's nice it's working but I really wish that tseng card I have would work in it. I suppose it may be bad ram on the card. There's another opti bus tseng on ebay right now I'm tempted to grab. There's just so little info on this bus I'd love to bench the cards. Then again were not even 100% sure it is opti. Without those slots working it's just a rather plain isa board.

Did you make sure that your tseng card is properly seated in the slot? These require a bit more force than ISA cards. You shouldn't be able to see much gold card edge showing.

However many 386/486 boards did use parity RAM
The box also had a 386 20MHz cpu in it along with 486 but it's to small for the socket. Anyways Success! Cleaned the connecters, reseated ram on the tseng card, made sure it was seated right and it worked. So now I have a working board and local bus card. All I need now is an AT case....kinda wish I didn't sell the couple extra I had a few years ago.

Great news! Glad everything is working. So from the sounds of things OPTi local bus was used on at least UMC, OPTi and SiS chipsets.

I would guess that the extra 486 CPU you have that's too small for a regular 486 socket must be a 486DLC upgrade CPU for a 386 board.

Back