• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple II NOS keyboards?

falter

Veteran Member
Heh, I did not realize the ITT-2020 was a legitimate clone. Obviously Apple made the keyboards.. wonder if they made the logic boards, etc also.

Yup, I believe it was the first legitimate clone. From what I understand, the very early ITT machines used Apple keyboards, with black keytops, Apple motherboards which were configured for 50Hz and also used the same design case but in silver (Might have even be supplier by Apple too). Later machine used Cherry keyboards, customised motherboards that fully supported PAL video and a new case design.

Heh, I did not realize the ITT-2020 was a legitimate clone. Obviously Apple made the keyboards.. wonder if they made the logic boards, etc also.

There was some recent Auctions in England with some ITT2020 Prototypes....

itt 2020 vintage computer , Not An Apple Sadly

computer vintage unbranded, Not An Apple

apple II europlus vintage computer and apple floppy disk drive perfect condition

Get a look at the photos before eBay deletes them....

The same seller of the Black Keyboard has a Brown one too

MarkO

Sadly?? If only he knew...

Is it normal for a Europlus to have a black keyboard?

Sadly?? If only he knew...

I think someone "clued him in", at some point.. If the seller would have done some more research, they would have listed the Computers differently...

Is it normal for a Europlus to have a black keyboard?

I have never seen one with the Black Keyboard before, but being that the seller had ITT2020 Prototypes, the EuroPlus might have been a Prototype as well...

All in All, each of the Computers looked too Polished to be Clones, they appear to be Unique Apple products...

MarkO

>Is it normal for a Europlus to have a black keyboard?

My EuroPlus looked like a normal Apple II+. Definitely not like the clone EuroPlus in that link.
The keyboard was the typical color, not black. I don't have it anymore.

I've spoken to the seller recently and have purchased a few items from him including some Cherry keyboards and some ITT & Europlus case parts. I did advise him to list the Datanetics keyboards separately as I thought they would fetch more than I was willing to offer (They did, by a long way!!)

I'm fairly certain the boards are ITT prototypes (ITT branded RAM) but am a little surprised they are not the later version with the 9th RAM bit for PAL support.

Back