• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

VT320 terminal for parts or repair, free [Brisbane, AU]

Malvineous

Experienced Member
Hi all,

I've had a VT320 terminal that needs repair for some time now, and I've decided I'm never going to get around to fixing it so I'm happy for it to go to a good home. It powers on OK but the picture on the screen is scrambled, as if there is no horizontal sync. It's been a while since I last switched it on, and I don't want to make it worse now by trying again. You can see some rust around the flyback transformer but the screen brightness is ok so I suspect the problem lies elsewhere (unless the flyback also produces other voltages that are now out of spec.)

If anyone is interested in it and can collect it from the Brisbane area (inner city south) it's yours for free. In the extremely rare event that more than one person wants it, it'll go to whoever sounds most capable of repairing it.

If nobody wants it I will be throwing it out!

Should you be able to repair it, it will look something like this.

G'day Malvineous, have PM'd you a few times since Thursday but no response (guessing there's a PM problem), so posting here. If it's still available I'll take it.
Thanks,

Steve.

@1944GPW: Thanks for taking it off my hands for me! Sorry didn't get e-mail notifications of the PMs for some reason, so only saw them by chance. I'll have to keep a closer eye on them in future!

The VT320 now has a new home, thanks for the interest!

Back