• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

My Large Horde - Lot 1

Hello! My name is Robert and I have been involved in computer service work for years. My private collection from home eventually spilled over into my shop and now I'm at point I need to get rid of the excess hardware I don't really need. Many boxes of motherboards, cpus, ram, hard drives, power supplies, floppy drives, etc..

I am willing to sell this entire lot for a fair price, or piece it out. If anything catches your eye I will pick it out and give you more details. PM me for my phone number. Everything you see here is for sale. The wildest thing I have is a FakeSpace VR system from 1987 nearly complete and it works! It is meant to work with DOS based systems.

I have a large lot of Commodore 128 Software and Hardware in practically new condition I'm also looking to sell.

I made a simple page with a Gallery showcasing a small portion of my horde. Two machines of worthy of noting are the IBM 8150 and 8160 which are complete and in working condition. One appears to have been updated with a IDE style hard drive. Originally I wanted to refurbish these but no longer have the time to dedicate to it.
http://www.nostalgicalgorithms.com/ComputersForSale.html

Do you have DEC/Compaq/HP Alpha stuff and/or by some miracle do you have any IBM 2159/2142 Stealth Aptiva stuff?

I have both Compaq and lots of IBM/Aptiva hardware in my personal collection. Much of which I'd rather not sell but I will post some pictures of everything later tonight and see if I can part with some of that. :)

Okay I updated the page with some new pictures. You will see a portion of my IBM/Aptiva stuff. The black one is a with the handle is a Zpro that has dual processors. I have a awesome Compaq I will showcase shortly that looks brand new, it has 128mb of ram stuffed into a Pent1 board I believe. It was used for some sort of 3d rendering in Msdos back in the day as was part of a 4 computer set before the company upgraded. The original owner literally saved one and put it in his closet tucked away until I bought it several years ago.

Yes those are NEW boxed NEC 22inch Diamondtron CRT monitors on the page. :)

Pentium II / III / 4 equipment is not considered collectible yet unfortunately and mostly scrapped usually.

Pentium II / III / 4 equipment is not considered collectible yet unfortunately and mostly scrapped usually.

Excuse me Peter, but I consider it collectible. May not be quite vintage yet, but there are a lot of us who like to play with it.

I have both Compaq and lots of IBM/Aptiva hardware in my personal collection. Much of which I'd rather not sell but I will post some pictures of everything later tonight and see if I can part with some of that. :)

I can see you have not just one, but TWO 2159's and a console. I don't suppose you have the infamous CRT display that goes with it? :D

How much would you be willing to sell that Gigabyte RAM Disk PCI card for?

I wanted one back in the day but I couldn't justify the cost of both the card and the RAM.

I disagree because Pent 2 and 3 systems were a staple of gaming for the dawn of 3d Acceleration. Certain older games run at weird speeds on modern machines because the antiquated versions of direcX are emulated. They are scrapped a lot but that is making quality machines harder and harder to find.

For example regarding Pent 4 systems: The 3.8ghz single core Northwoods were amazing and I would be angry at anyone scrapping such systems. If you run single threaded software it is still quite fast! If you roll such system up to Windows 7 and patch the 32bit kernel you can use more than 4gigs of ram which makes a 32bit system very responsive.

I have two and will consider parting with them for a fair price. I had to import them from Korea because they are impossible to find here. The later revised version was mounted in a drive bay and powered with a normal PSU dongle adapter. I have a schematic for soldering these to be powered the same way and a bracket for mounting them up in the drive bays. The PCI slot is just used to power them which is silly because it hogs up multiple expansion bays.

I have two and will consider parting with them for a fair price. I had to import them from Korea because they are impossible to find here. The later revised version was mounted in a drive bay and powered with a normal PSU dongle adapter. I have a schematic for soldering these to be powered the same way and a bracket for mounting them up in the drive bays. The PCI slot is just used to power them which is silly because it hogs up multiple expansion bays.

You'll have to name a fair price because I've seen them for as low as $20 and as high as $78,000 form crazy Amazon sellers.

I disagree because Pent 2 and 3 systems were a staple of gaming for the dawn of 3d Acceleration. Certain older games run at weird speeds on modern machines because the antiquated versions of direcX are emulated. They are scrapped a lot but that is making quality machines harder and harder to find.

Older games that run improperly on modern computers usually do so because they have no concept of throttling. They just hogged as many CPU cycles as possible to get the best performance, even though it was terribly inefficient.

For example regarding Pent 4 systems: The 3.8ghz single core Northwoods were amazing and I would be angry at anyone scrapping such systems. If you run single threaded software it is still quite fast! If you roll such system up to Windows 7 and patch the 32bit kernel you can use more than 4gigs of ram which makes a 32bit system very responsive.

The only Netburst core that got up to 3.8 GHz was the Prescott. Northwood topped out at 3.4 GHz. I personally don't like any of the P4s except the final Cedar Mill versions since they had the lowest TDP (65W), largest caches (2 MB) and EM64T.

Okay well I will show you my Alienware Shuttle PC that has a 3.8 GHZ Northwood. :)

I would be concerned finding a working one for $20. Also I run them without the battery as the way my systems are setup it mounts them upon bootup and draws the data last stored in them from a ISO. PM me to discuss these further.

Sadly the real CRT's that came with these are impossible to find. However I have two brand new E74 IBM CRT monitors sealed in their boxes. My favorite IBM machines are the Eduquest series. :)

Yes I have a TON of stuff, It was meticulously photographed and cataloged years ago but I lost that data when broke up with my girlfriend of 6 years. I'm working on getting it all setup at my workshop. Pricing this stuff is hard because I guarantee very few people have Commodore hardware and games in such fine quality. Some of my game boxes look new still. I sold my DOS copy of Wasteland to Clint the Lazy Game Reviewer on youtube.

I'm not looking to make a killing off this but generally any fair offer I will accept.

Florida, Palm Coast. The giant ones with the handles? They are from 1988 and are 12mhz I believe. One has the two original hard drives the other has a add in card with a IDE drive plugged in. Both are IBM 8580 systems and they weigh 70 pounds each!

Back