• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 2000 Service Manual

Greg Robbins

Does anyone have a link to a pdf of the Tandy 2000 Service Manual. I see a thread from July, 2013 involving user "IBM Porable PC" and others where 10 pdfs were sold on ebay. Or any chance of still buying one of these?

I am trying to find jumper configuration of the Mitsubishi 4853 floppy drive so I can use it in my Trs-80 Model 4. I understand the service manual has technical details on this floppy drive.

Thanks for answering, but I do mean the service manual. I have the tech. manual and it does not have any information on the Mitsubishi M4853 floppy drive. I have read that the Service Manual does have the drive information.

Thank you very much for posting this.

I would post this to Yahoo groups "TRS-80" and the "Tandy 2000" files section.

Feel free to do so if you're a member. This should be shared. I have forwarded the link to other online archives for consideration of inclusion.

Last edited:
OP

Have you tried looking/Searching for a TM from Mitsubishi for the M4853 drive itself? Mitsubishi published TMs for all of their 8" and 5.25" drives.

The Mitsubishi M4853 was a 80-track double-sided 96TPI 720K drive. I buy, sell, and service M4853 drives because that was the drive supplied by Compupro for use in Compupro/Viasyn S-100 Systems.

I'm not familiar with the specs of the Tandy 2000. Does the Tandy 2000 support that size/style of 5.25" drive? I didn't follow Radio Shack/Tandy computers after I left Radio Shack in 1981.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to a pdf of the Tandy 2000 Service Manual. I see a thread from July, 2013 involving user "IBM Porable PC" and others where 10 pdfs were sold on ebay. Or any chance of still buying one of these?

I am trying to find jumper configuration of the Mitsubishi 4853 floppy drive so I can use it in my Trs-80 Model 4. I understand the service manual has technical details on this floppy drive.

Yes, we saved this from oblivion a few years ago, The 1000A manual was also found.

Back