• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Adding a reset button to a 5150 or 5160.

prime

Experienced Member
Hi there,

Is there an easy way to attach a reset switch to a 5150 or 5160 motherboard?

I have a clone board that does it with an R/C network and a button that shorts the cap on pin 11 of the 8248, but on the IBM boards this is tied to power good.

Cheers.

Phill.

Cheers I did try searching the forum, but it seems there is no way to search for articles that containing all keywords, and it always thew up tons of results that where not really what I wanted.

Thanks for the pointer :)

Cheers.

Phill.

Google has a much better handle on this forum than the internal search feature that just plain SUCKS! Try Google next time.

I tried doing a simple ground to the pwr good lead and my 5150 did NOT like it. The speaker buzzed, and the 2nd time I tried it the video dropped out and it gave a continuous beeeeeeep. So that's it for the reset button for now.

I'm trying to figure out how to get my VGA card from hanging on cold boot. I replaced the caps with no change. It's a Trident card and I did the mod for the ALE so that it would work. The system starts cold and hangs on the VGA BIOS screen. If I let it sit about 45 seconds then power off then on, it works fine..

Back