• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Printer or Boat Anchor?

pski

Staff member
You can't even give these things away!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tan...254792?hash=item1c69de3608:g:M5gAAOSwZ8ZW-B5y

Anyone out there collecting TRS-80 printers? I have a bunch of different ones on the shelf that were primarily obtained when picking up complete systems. I honestly have not even tried using one yet. The only one of the bunch I'm actively interested in getting working is the original Line Printer I that I obtained a few months ago because of it's status as the first TRS-80 printer.

I guess for sake of completeness a line printer or Daisy Wheel would go great with a model II. Problem is shipping. Don't even try. Local pickup only and then you end up with the folk who think it's worth way more than $20.

I think these days for most people printers are a tough sell. Not many of us use our machines enough to justify the extra space for a printer and most of our desks are already jammed with other computers. Also us with machines which DO support networking are already using much more powerful network printers.
For those people though with enough space to dedicate entire desks to a single machine setup though, sure there's a reason to get a printer.

Back