• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PC Digital 5100 Pentium 233MMX (USA)

PeterNC

Veteran Member
1X Digital PC 5000:
- Pentium 233MMX CPU
- 192MB RAM
- 3.5 DS/HD & 5.25 DS/HD FDDs
- IDE CD-ROM & IDE HDD
- Digital PS/2 keyboard
- IBM PS/2 mouse
- SimEarth (incomplete)
- Manual (PDF: will be emailed)

CONUS only: $125 including FedEx/UPS Ground.

Works great.

5% of net sale will be donated to VCFED.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I'm probably hallucinating, but one thing that strikes me is the decided similarity of this thing to a Compaq Deskpro 4000 of about the same vintage--the keyboard similarity is unmistakable. Even though Compaq bought DEC in 1998, were they making the DEC PCs before then?

DEC PCs were made by AST and the AST Pentiums are very similar. I think the power switch was placed differently to allow the logo to be moved. Compaqs tended to have molded covers surrounding the 3.5" bay.

I thought it was Olivetti making DEC's PCs during the 286-through-Pentium era?

DEC's choice of PS/2 keyboards and mice were very generic during the late 90s. I've seen the same keyboard on a Compaq; and DEC, Compaq, and DELL have all at some point used the same re-branded Logitech 2 button PS/2 mice

From my understanding during that time in the USA DEC PCs were made by Tandy and in Europe by Olivetti. Sometimes a Tandy-made DEC PC could have the same name as an Olivetti one despite being completely different machines.

Below is what I found about the Olivetti-made DECs...

The DECpc 425i is an Olivetti M300-30
The DECstation 200 is an Olivetti M250
The DECstation 220 is an Olivetti M250E
The DECstation 300 is an Olivetti M300
The DECstation 325 is an Olivetti M386/25 (and possibly the "325C" as well?)
The DECstation 350 is an Olivetti M380 XP1

Then those ones I am not sure...

There might have been a "DECstation 210" that once existed...
The DECstation 320 is probably an Olivetti M300-10?
There might be a DEC-rebadged Olivetti M300-08 also known as a DECstation 300 or 320 (or both?)...
The DECstation 425 sounds like it was an Olivetti M486 (it could've been a CP486 as well or an LSX 50xx but an M486 is the most likely)...
The Digital Venturis systems (at least the majority of them) definitely have an Olivetti-like case but I do not know if they were actually manufactured by Olivetti... I also do not know if they were re-badges of Olivetti systems or if they simply used similar-looking cases and put unrelated motherboards inside of them.

There were also DEC re-badged Olivetti laptops like the DECpc 425SLE, which appears to be an Olivetti Philos laptop.

I remember that Digital Venturis is very similar / near identical to Olivetti in design. :)

DEC PCs were made by AST and the AST Pentiums are very similar. I think the power switch was placed differently to allow the logo to be moved. Compaqs tended to have molded covers surrounding the 3.5" bay.

DEC's choice of PS/2 keyboards and mice were very generic during the late 90s. I've seen the same keyboard on a Compaq; and DEC, Compaq, and DELL have all at some point used the same re-branded Logitech 2 button PS/2 mice

Same for the 486's? Either AST or Olivetti? Were these systems originally intended for MS-DOS/NT, or DEC's own OS offerings?

Back