• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Magazines wanted (updated)

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
Creative Computing: Vol 1 numbers 1-5, Vol 2 numbers 3, 4.

Computer Notes: Any issues other then Vol 2-8 through 3-7.

Antic and Analog - Vol 1 number 1 for both.

Dr. Dobbs - Most of volume 2 (except issues 1 and 5), Volume 3-1, 3-3 and 4-6.

Popular Computing - Any of volumes 1 to 3.

ROM - November and December of 1977, April and May of 1978

SCCS Interface - Anything after September 1977 (and some idea of when the last issue was)

Interface Age - Anything before Vol 2 #9 and all of 1979 plus some idea of when they split from SCCS Interface.

I will pay well for any of the aforementioned in good condition.

That's probably enough for now.

Erik

Re: Magazines wanted (updated)

CP/M User said:
I was just wonderning which years those volumes
covered Erik & if http://www.ddj.com/ would be able
to help?

The issues I'm looking for are from 1976 to 1978. I've got all of the first year (1975) already. I'm just looking to "complete" the collection.

The DDJ website would be next to useless for getting original copies of the magazines, which I am trying to do. I already have the content in the annual "Best Of" books for each of the first seven volumes (through 1982).

Erik

Eric, I haven't explained this in a few years, but I'll do my best. SCCS Interface first issue was Dec. 1975, and while they hired a priinter they did their own editing and composition, which the printer did not like one little bit. The magazine came out each month until (if I remember correctly) July/Aug. when the printer quit, and proceeded to publish their own magazine, Interface Age. And unless my memory is a loss. the SCCS Interface only published a few more, and by Dec. 1976 was done, (but I could be wrong) Interface Age went on somewhat longer. There was only one real "overlap" issue. If I can remember to whom I sold my complete collection of the first two or two and a half years, I'll let you know so you can ask him. Meanwhile, I just thought of someone I probably told the accurae story, with dates, and I will email him to find out.

ROM and answers to Interface Age and SCCS Interface question

ROM and answers to Interface Age and SCCS Interface question

Ericf, I can tell you where to get copies of the ROM magazines if copies wioo make you happy. I sold a complete .
set to a good friend a while back SCCS Interface was published in the following order, until the limit of my collection. Vol. 1 Nr. 1 in Dec. 1975. Then in Jan. 1976 thru July 1976 Vol. 1 Nr, 2 through Nr. 8. There was no Vol. 1 Nr. 9, so skip to Jan. 1977 with Vol. 1 Nr. 10, and Feb. 1977 with Vol. 1 Nr. 11. Sometime between March and July 1977, Vol. 1 Nr. 12. Vol. 2 Nr. 1 and 2 dated Aug. and Sept. 1977, and that was the end of my collectioin. I may be able to find out from the guy I sold them to what the month of Vol. 1 Nr. 12 was.
Interface Age is even stranger, and I'll explain why later. Their first issue was issue was in August 1976 and designated Vol 1 Nr. 9. Thee was no Sept 1976 issue and so none designated Vol. 1 Mr 10, but Vol. 1 Nr. 11 snd 12 dated Oct. and Nov. 1976 and Vol. 2 Nr. 1 and 2 dated Dec. 1976 and Jan. 1977, and here again my collection ran out. And so we get to the cause of all this confusion. SCCS published their club magazine in Dec. 1975 and made a deal with the printer that they would do the "hard work" to keep costs down. So they did their own editing and layout etc. After a few months of explosive growth, the printer saw what he was missing and asked SCCS to allow them to take over the whoe works and were refused. So, when the August 1976 issue was due, they had simply taken over and came out with all of the strff SCCS had prepared, complete with the Vol. and Nr. to have beeen used. It took a couple of months while SCCS got their legal eagles on the job, when they went back to publishing thir magazine. Meanwhile, Interface Age got no Sept. 1976 issue out for logistic reasons (no one to steal it from) but kept the original SCCS Vol. and Nr. sequence going.
I hope this answers your qustions, and If My wxplanation confuses or is inadequate, please get back to me.

Thank you!

That's very useful information. I hope you don't mind if I use some of the details on my website as I update it.

I'll have to double-check, but I based upon this information I'm pretty sure I have a complete collection of the first few years of Interface Age and a complete collection of SCCS Interface including the first two newsletter style issues.

Actually, with the exception of all of 1979 and one 1980 issue that may or may not have been published, I have all if Interface Age through 1982.

Thanks!

Erik

Back