• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Congratulations to Erik

curtis

Veteran Member
Congratulations to Erik for his entries at the VCF this past weekend.

He took second place in 3 categories. Definitely not bad at all for a first time exhibitor.

Erik, it was good to finally put a face to the name.

Curtis McCain[/b]

Thank you Curtis!

One correction, though, I was an exhibitor last year. For whatever reason they didn't have the judging in place at that event so I have no idea how I would have done.

Bryan Blackburn was a first time exhibitor this year and with five first place ribbons he has set a new standard by which VCF exhibits will be judged in the coming years.

I'm already starting to think about how I can improve my displays.

Bryan's display was very near mine and our little quad (about 1/6th of the total displays) got 10 ribbons of the 25 awarded! :D

I've posted some pictures of the show at http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcf6.shtml. These are just pictures at the moment. I'll have descriptions later today and should have the VCF 6.0 page as an official part of my site by tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Erik

My bad Erik. Didn't realize you had shown last year.

Actually, you might have done better if you hadn't been so close to Bryan! :D

But, like you said, Bryan had an awesome display and raised the bar quite a bit for exhibitors.

If I decide to display next year, guess I should start planning today!

See you next year.

Curtis

I'm already making plans for next year's display. I've got a few ideas already. . . (does his best Dr. Evil laugh).

Erik

I'm afraid to go to this thing. Judging by the pics of the things being sold, I'd be in debt in about 10 minutes. :lol:

I would love to display somethings next year, but does anyone know how I can it would be 100% safe to do so? And is there an age limit, I am the only 16 year old into vintage computing I know...

Erik, that Commodore PET is extremely impressive. I can't imagine what beat it. And wow, that Apple I and ][, and the Lisa... jeez I would of loved to be there. Oh well. :cry:

Load "CaptainCommodore",8,1

whoops, my bad, by "100% safe to do so" I meant how could I ship it so far...
I am 3000 miles away from the convention.

CaptainCommodore said:
whoops, my bad, by "100% safe to do so" I meant how could I ship it so far...
I am 3000 miles away from the convention.

There's nothing that's 100%, unfortunately. I have ample evidence of that.

Your best bet is to pack and drive the stuff yourself. Second to that you'll have to ship it and fly to meet it. If you're going to ship you'll need to pack whatever you're sending very well. I'm planning on putting up a "packing vintage computer equipment for transport" page on my website soon. I'll post on the forums when I do. I've had too much experience (good and bad) not to share.

Erik

Back