• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Discovering a new past...

Kaptain Skitzo

Experienced Member
On the edge of Sanity, just outside the border.
I have a Commodore 128 that I have hooked up to our TV in the living room, and I'm mostly running it in 64 mode. I've been playing some old games, and now my fiance's (grown) kids are getting into it. It's really cool watching them play games as old if not older than they are, and enjoying the hell out of them. Karl(19) is really into Impossible Mission. Dino Eggs runs a close second. Krystal(22) seems to like some of the other games, but is having a little difficulty dealing with a joystick with 1 button. "This is NOT normal!" she cries when something ends her turn.
I'm considering setting them up with a 64 set up as one of their X-Mas presents.
It really flipped them out to find out that a 20+ year old, 1 mhz computer was capable of speech synthesis.

It's great to hear that!

There was quite a bit of "Impossible Mission" talk on comp.cbm.sys, just a little while ago too!

One of my friends comes over every couple of Friday's, and along with myself and my 10 year old daughter, all three of us play on my Atari 2600 or the vic 20.

If you also get your vic 20 going, perhaps we can compare Omega Race scores :)

Chris

If only I had room to set them all up! Since my fiance moved in a little over a year ago, space is kinda at a premium. I am thinking about converting my old bedroom into a Commodore room, though. Would be cool as hell to have all those units up and running in one room in the house. For now though, I'll have to be content with the 128 in the living room. I used to have a 128 up in my bedroom(I've moved into the basement, to have my own "separate" apartment)...and had my Amiga's set up in their own room(which is now used for storage). I might just do that though...all need are about 6 desks..............and some power strips.

Oh dear. I never thought it would come to people complaining about too few things to keep track of. Maybe you could find a Tac-2 which has two buttons doing the same thing. I believe starting with the MSX systems, two buttons could be identified separately?

Back