• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Macintosh LC III

betty

I have just found by a grade school dumpster 2 macintosh color LC III pc's. They seem to function well but they are locked by a program called AT Ease which I was told was used on school computers so kids cannot change settings. I would like to format & reinstall an operating system but how can I bypass this At Ease as the floppy drive will not work with At Ease running so no one can boot from a boot disk. Also what operating systems can an old computer like this run. I was going to try to find an operating system for it on Ebay but not sure what it will run.

Betty

Betty

:D Thanks for the links. :lol: If you find any info on how to bypass At Ease let me know. :!:

Mac OS

Mac OS

To disable AT EASE, you are most likely going to have to put the drives in another computer and format them thatway. Or, you can try to boot off of a disk tools diskette and format the drive that way.

If you're looking for an OS for the LC III, you can find one for Free from Apple: http://download.info.apple.com/Appl...North_American/Macintosh/System/Older_System/

Unless you have 8MB RAM, I would go with System 7.0.x. Otherwise, System 7.5.x will work. If you go the 7.5.x route, get system 7.5.3 and update to 7.5.5 (both free). 7.5.5 is much more stable than 7.5.3.

Cheers,

The Czar

Back