• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Rodime Hard Drives

ave13co

Who knows about Rodime harddrives?
I have several but am yet to be able to make one come up. I have the software called "Rodime Utilities For The Macintosh" but it doesnt see the drives either..

Any help will be appreciated...ave13co

Are these SCSI hdd's? I seem to remember the early MFM versions of Rodime full-height 5.25" drives needing special proprietary LL-formatting (& partitioning?) software to make them work.

--T

SCSI

SCSI

Yes all of them are SCSI. I have set the SCSI address and tried the Rodime software.I terminated them. I tried changing the address to each setting available but no go...

ave13co

Does that matter?

Does that matter?

I have taken many used Mac SCSI Drives and formatted for PC. The system did not see the drive as a PC Drive but it did "See" it... These drives are not there according to the Macs I have been connecting them too...

ave13co

I'm on real shaky ground here, discussing Apple stuff, mebbe some Mac folk here will come to my rescue. As I understand it, going from Mac-->PC is easy, but not so the other way round. Apple's SCSI Installer software won't work with non-Apple-ROM drives. You need to use a third-party SCSI installer to see the non-Apple drives on a Mac. I don't remember the names of any of those programs, but a search of some Mac software download sites should turn up something useful.

BTW, do you still have the KayPro 2000 motherboard you had up on eBay a couple of weeks ago? Do you know if it will work in a K2000 Plus?

--T

I don't have a KayPro 2000+, (I wish) but my friend has one that is unfortunatly non-functional. Shame too, because ya just don't see too many of the plus's around. The plain-vanilla 2000's are more common.

--T

plain-vanilla 2000's??

plain-vanilla 2000's??

plain-vanilla 2000's??? As I remember, mine was black and heavy as he_ _...

What color is a Plus? I have never seen one in person..

ave13co

The Plus is the same lovely shade of blue-black that the regular 2000 is, but it says Kaypro 2000+ on the cover. It's about the same length and width as the 2K, but it's case is somewhat thicker. I don't know what all the differences are, but I think the Plus supports CGA video natively, i.e. without needing the expansion unit that the 2K needs. There are probably other differences too, I'm not sure.

--T

If you use a third-party SCSI utility like Hard Disk Toolkit from FWB you should be able to format them for classic Macintosh use if they're missing a Maccy ROM.

Back