• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF 7.0 Pictures

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
I've just posted pictures from VCF 7.0 on my website.

The page isn't done yet as I've got to add descriptions to the images
(should take a few days), but the pictures themselves are there if you'd
like to take a look.

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcf7.shtml

Please let me know if you have anything special you'd like me to mention
about any of the pictures (links, names, description, etc.) or if you'd
like me to email you high rez copies of anything.

Thanks!

Erik

Erik, those are good photos. Thanks for posting them. I wish I could have been there- it looks like a lot of fun.

I would love to have more information about the green Erector Set computers- the Differential Analyzer (diffanalyzer1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6.jpg) and the Babbage Engine (babbage1 & 2.jpg). Can you give us any more details or a web site? Do they really work? That guy must have a LOT of hours invested.

Your display looks like it must have been the only one there with MITS products. Very nice presentation of some nice looking Altairs (I'm biased). I like the Kenbak, too.

Steve

The Differential Analyzer did work but I'm not sure about the Babbage machine. I didn't actually see it go. I suspect that it did work with a limited amount of functionality.

Mine were the only MITS boxes but there were a lot of other cool machines. I really liked the Scelbi, for instance.

I'll get descriptions on those pictures as soon as I can find some free time! :)

Erik

Cameron Kaiser mentioned that there was a SX-500 at the VCF, and you took a picture of it (sx64amiga.jpg). Too bad that you couldn't (?) move closer to the table to more detail of the computer and less empty table space, but maybe there was a reason? Fortunately there are a few close-ups on SWoC of this unique computer.

There was a lot to do and a lot to photograph and some of what I did was done in a time crunch. It didn't help that the SX-500 came on day 2 of the event.

My original image is a 5 megapixel image which can surely be cropped closer to the table if that's what is desired. I can't promise a ton more detail, but there should be some.

Erik

Erik,

Great shots! Wish I could've made it this year, but with Hurricane Ivan blowing through, it definitely took a bite out of all my plans.

Sigh, guess there's always next year.

Curtis

Back