• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

OLD HP serial # 0001 for collector?

mergal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello anyone,

Many years ago I was given an old computer from an engineer at HP in the 70's. Does ANYONE know of collectors or someone who would be interested in purchasing this and the approximate value. Its in great condition. Feel free to contact me at mgregory68@aol.com

STATS: HP 2647 workstation form the 70's ? Old half metal tape drive(takes a few minutes just to load BASIC) pop-top with all the accesories and binder for a manual. Get this; serial #0001 !

Thanks...

spam

spam

If anything, 2647 would have been a terminal.
'Half metal tape drive' I guess means DC-100
No way it loaded basic. Not HP's ling of choice at the time for a loader ling.
And of course, aside from parking spots, and oscillators, HP never numbered anything from #0001

Okay, I was wrong on a comment a few days ago. Appearantly there is a spambot(look at post times ) now that automates this forum.

Life was simpler when you could just lean out the window and throw brick at 'em

patscc

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, Its a terminal, and I think it is a DC 100, (two in front) and from back when I used it (early eighties) I thought it was loading basic because the thing is just a box until I load that tape; and then It would allow other programs and I would then program in Basic on it. Dont know the OS. And yes, it is serial # 0001, I'm looking at it right now. My family friend was an engineer/computer designer and may have been involved in creating this model. That might explain how it came into my hands with the serial #0001. Dont know anything about the SPAM remark.
Mergal

Back