• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

need 5.25 system start-up disk for a Commodore SE HD40

eldon

I inadvertantly f-disked the hard drive for my Commodore SE HD40 (PC clone) without making a system start up disk for it beforehand ~

Could anybody out there SELL me a copy of a system start-up disk that will work with this computer? I'd be glad to send you a 5.25 disk upon which to copy it. Thanks in advance for your help.

eldon eldonorr@hotmail.com

I'm posting this in the Commodore section & PC clone section as well, trying to find help ASAP.

Thanks, Terry.

I've got DOS 5.0 on 3.5 floppy disks, but I don't have a 5.25 boot disk. The Commodore SE HD 40 is the only computer I've got with a 5.25 drive on it. Any further help will be appreciated.

I checked bootdisk.com but I have no way of getting their boots onto a 5.25 disk.

If you don't have another 5.25" drive to create the bootdisks with, you're pretty much limited to finding one on eBay, or hoping some kind soul here will snailmail you a disk. I'd offer to do so myself, but my machine with 5.25" drive is currently very seriously buried, and I won't be able to dig it out till around the end of the month at the earliest.

--T

Back