• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

OS/2 2.1 3.5 disc

ribbets

Experienced Member
2 complete sets , one unopened .
Open set consists of 2 preinstall restore disk,1printer driver,2 display drivers,1 install disk ,13 program disk and the display driver for S3 support for 256 color.
make an offer or swap.

Screen shot?

Screen shot?

I have that somewere, I think. But I have nothing to install it on. Do you have any screenshots? I would get them myself, but I have nothing to install it on...

-Vlad

Re: Screen shot?

Re: Screen shot?

vlad said:
I have that somewere, I think. But I have nothing to install it on. Do you have any screenshots? I would get them myself, but I have nothing to install it on...

-Vlad
explain screenshots

I think he wants to know what a typical OS/2 installation (at least version 2.1) looks like?

Speaking of OS/2, I just read that IBM will withdraw OS/2 Warp V4 and Server from the market on December 23, 2005. Their standard support will end on December 31, 2006 but for an extra fee it will be possible to get extended support for a while.

IBM suggests WebSphere for client-server applications and Linux for replacing OS/2 in desktops and servers.

carlsson said:
I think he wants to know what a typical OS/2 installation (at least version 2.1) looks like?

Speaking of OS/2, I just read that IBM will withdraw OS/2 Warp V4 and Server from the market on December 23, 2005. Their standard support will end on December 31, 2006 but for an extra fee it will be possible to get extended support for a while.

IBM suggests WebSphere for client-server applications and Linux for replacing OS/2 in desktops and servers.

Yep, a screen shot is a picture of what the screen looks like. In otherwords, did you have a picture of what the desktop looked like at idle? But nevermind, I'll just google it...

-Vlad

It looks very much like Windows95 but with much more controllability. You can set resource usage for each application if you wish. I used it for a long time, until it got to the point where a lot of the software I wanted to use wouldn't run on it.

Be forewarned, it can be a real pain to install.

Kent

DimensionDude said:
It looks very much like Windows95 but with much more controllability. You can set resource usage for each application if you wish. I used it for a long time, until it got to the point where a lot of the software I wanted to use wouldn't run on it.

Be forewarned, it can be a real pain to install.

Kent
I've got a XT case here somewhere,with a couple of old SCSI's in it and a combo 5.25 and 3.5 floppy, with a couple of Chinon 2X CD's. Can't remember the MB , but I'll try to format it and install the OS2.

Or mabe not!!! Got to find those cases for Chinon drives and I think I pulled the terminator too.

I'll be back later.

Installing OS/2 can be an interesting way to resurrect an old machine.

Just in case you don't have the list of minimum requirements:

386sx or better
4MB ram (6MB recommended)
20MB to 40MB HDD space
Mouse
Patience (okay, it doesn't say that on the box, but it should)

Good luck! :D

DimensionDude said:
Installing OS/2 can be an interesting way to resurrect an old machine.
<snip>
Patience (okay, it doesn't say that on the box, but it should)

Good luck! :D

Just sitting there feeding-in 24 disks can be quite a chore in itself...

--T

Yeah, been through the disk-feeding routine multiple times, with OS/2 and Win95.

Although I have OS/2 2.1 and Warp 3 in their respective boxes, I somehow acquired an OS/2 2.1 "Demonstration" CD. I believe that it will perform a full install and also has several apps for OS/2 such as Corel Draw, Describe and Lotus Freelance Graphics.

Installing from CD is paradise compared to doing the "floppy shuffle."

Kent

I've got OS/2 2.1, OS/2 2.1 for Windows, OS/2 Warp version 3 all on floppy disk, and OS/2 Warp Version 4 on CD in it's shrinkwrap. I had a friend who worked at IBM, and I always got the latest version for free. I tried messing around with OS/2 back in my 486 days. It was pretty neat, but generally useless. You know, I could never figure out the difference between the regular OS/2 2.1 and the one for Windows. They both seemed to be exactly the same. I got pretty sick of all the floppy discs, and I tried to go with a CD-ROM version of OS/2 Warp version 3, but my POS proprietary Sony CDU-33A 2x CD-ROM drive wasn't supported and I couldn't install it...so I ended up with a floppy version instead. Is V3 on floppy common? I think I've never seen another. I was fed up with Win95 and I tried to use V3 for a while on my 8meg DX-33, but the app support sucked, it was a little buggy and it ran pretty damn slow. The DOS support wasn't perfect, but I seem to remember it being a hell of a lot better than the DOS support in NT4. I guess there isn't much point to this rambling, but there it is!

OS2

OS2

OK! OK!. I'll put them back in drawer and forget about them. The label on the drawer said "Old Software" not "Pandora's Box". They have friends in there , Leisure Suit Larry on 5.25 and HAL 9000 and a bunch of others.

Ok, How much do you want for the OS/2 Disks?
Leisure Suit Larry on 5.25? I though I was the only one who still had that......

-Vlad

Back