• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

advice on buying laptop

jjzcp

Experienced Member
Hi, mkay. (Sorry that teacher off of south park cracks me up.)

Now to the point... I am planning on buying a toshiba pentium 100 with CD-rom, 800MB HD, 40 MB ram for $59.00 canadian. Is this a good deal??

I would say that if it's got a good screen, good battery, with no missing parts, then sure. But Terry's right. You can get those for $10 sometimes. I'd upgrade the harddrive though. They pop out easy. And at 40mb, the ram is maxed out. Satellite (Pro)?

I would try a version of Linux with it too. I tried a Live CD of Linux the other day and it was great!! It even had all the drivers for my specific toshiba hardware! My point is that an OS is no longer hard to come by.

Well i am considering it a good deal. I found it in the bargin finder, and thought scince i am going to the city for the day i might as while pick it up.
I don't have time to look around in pawn shops due to the fact i have to shop for food (can't spell groceries for some reason), and go to an apointment in one day, and to top it off i have to travel 6 hours. I am buying it from a dealer so everything should work or i can blame them. :wink:

Gues i didn't get the laptop :( . Instead i got a Dell latitude 600 MHz celeron for $169 canadian. :wink: I also got a modem/network card, for $20.00 canadian, and a 13 GB HD for my dell xps t450. Right now i am posting with the laptop, and i am quite satisfied with it. It runs fast, and works great!

Back