• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by 1302L

1. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Hi Paul, I am running MAME on Windows10 on my Lenovo Notebook. Hi Paul, after some research (Scroll= Fn K on the Lenovo Keyboard) it worked, thanks for the hint! Best, Martin.
  2. 1302L

Victor 9000 RAM Upgrade

Amendment: there is s a description of RAM upgrade on this document: https://bitsavers.org/pdf/victor/victor9000/Victor_Dealer_Guide_and_Field_Service_Bulletins.pdf I can see that there was 256k Card with the same layout as well, does anyone know which Chips are on this card? On the 128k...
  3. 1302L

Victor 9000 RAM Upgrade

Hi, I have a 128k Ram extension Card, please see picture. Unfortunately it is faulty and I would like to send it to a vintage computer repair service, to get it fixed. Now my question is, if the Victor can cope with a bigger amount of memory on the card than 128k by soldering in chips (with...
  4. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Thanks for this explanation Paul, Unfortunately the Hotkey from the Documentation for the menu does not work, do I need to run the MAME GUI for this? Best, Martin.
  5. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Another question in this context: Is it possible to load additional software / files into a running emulation? I.e. I started the emulation with a simple DOS disk image and want to load Word Perfect afterwards. Thanks! Martin.
  6. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Hi Paul, many thanks, sometimes a single dot makes the difference, now it works! Regarding the speed of the emulation, I am comparing it to my real machine, the emulation seems to be a little bit slower than the real one. Best, Martin.
  7. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Hi, downloaded the ROMs from Archive.org, now I tried it with a 612kB Disc Image (UserDisc), please see the error message: According to the error message, the Image file could not be found, currently I have the Image file in the same directory as the MAME Emulator, does it belong anywhere else...
  8. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Thanks to you both, I will try this tonight. Best, Martin.
  9. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Hi Paul, tried to get the emulator running, by doing the following: - Downloaded MAME from https://www.mamedev.org/index.php on my WIN 10 64-Bit Machine - Installed it - Copied the V9K S1 ROMs (.bin Files) into the 'roms' folder Trying to run the emulator with a bootable image (MSDOS.img)...
  10. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Dear Paul, many thanks for your explanations, good to read from you again! This sounds like a great project, I will try to get the emulator running, the infotext is even in German :-) Cheers, Martin.
  11. 1302L

Victor 9000 'Emulator' ?

Hi all, having fun with my working V9K HDD Emulator, I was browsing through the software archive on archive.org and saw a few screenshots which made me curious, please find an example attached. As this session in the the screenshot is obviously running on a Mac, I would like to raise the...
  12. 1302L

Victor 9000 / Sirius 1 Hard Disk Emulation

Hi djg, sorry for my late reply, I was 'out of order' being sick. I have checked the emulator file, since I have renamed st412_b in emufile_a right after the test, I performed the test with this: debian@BeagleBone:~$ mfm_util --emu emufile_a --ext /tmp/t --ana Original decode arguments...
  13. 1302L

Hi @pdevine , many thanks for this feedback, did you try some of the programs in the emu file as well? Regarding the conversation above and for reference, maybe you could try the CHESS game. Cheers, Martin.
  14. 1302L

Hi @djg , I will look it up and give it a try. Yes, I did no errors when executing from Floppy, most time, my impression is, the longer the floppy has to work, the more reading errors it gets. Yes, it is, please see an example screenshot attached. The Chess game is working fine from floppy...
  15. 1302L

Victor 9000 / S1 'Practical Usage'

That sounds fantastic! I'll have to try that, how do I load the .ans file? This is even more better, going back to our initial (Software) discussion I saw something very Victor - Unfamiliar on one or two of the pictures you're posted. Has this had been prototypes? :) I would be very interested...
Back