• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by 68k

1. 6

TI-99/4... Anyone know how many were sold?

I recently picked one of these machines up. I run into dozens of /4As in the wild, but this is the first 4. I'd love to know roughly how many were sold.
  2. 6

TRS-80 Model 1 repaint - yay or nay?

Normally, I'd never consider repainting an original computer, but hear me out on this one. I recently picked up an early (early '78 ) TRS-80 model 1 that has seen some serious battle. The case plastics are in good physical condition, however, the paint is extremely rough. I'd like to see if...
  3. 6

Anyone have this EGA card? (HP)

Howdy! I recently bought this HP EGA video card labelled "45983-60001 435-0003-05". I'm looking for the manual and/or the DIP switch settings to use this in an IBM 5150 and with a 5153 CGA monitor. Anyone recognize this card?
  4. 6

Compaq Presario 1230 No Boot (Cyrix MediaGX Laptop!)

So I recently received this laptop and it was listed as working. Upon arrival, the laptop does not post at all. HDD spins up, but no other activity. There is a post from 2000 (on another forum) where someone claims they had the same issue, but claims to have resolved it in the thread title...
  5. 6

Macintosh SE "Resto-mod" Work Log

Not that anyone seems to care at this point, but it's finished! Getting files on the CF card is a bit more difficult that I thought. I've been copying files to the PB3400C, then using a CF PC-card adapter to attempt to load files to the CF card. 9/10 times, the PB3400 freezes mid-copy and...
  6. 6

My trusty PB 3400C has been the perfect "bridge computer" for getting system files on the CF card for use in the SE. System 6.0.8 has been loaded onto the card, now to test when I get home!
  7. 6

Looks stock, right? Look a bit closer.... :) I am really pleased at how this turned out. This will make getting files on the Mac a breeze. I can also run different operating systems on different cards, should I run into any incompatibilities with software. Drilling the mounting holes...
  8. 6

Cyrix MediaGX Driver Issues

I recently rescued a Compaq Presario 2200 at the suggestion of vwestlife. Installed a compact flash HDD, maxed out the memory to 48 MB, installed windows 98, and the Cyrix MediaGX drivers. I've been having issues with the audio drivers in both Win 95 and 98. They work great until you reboot...
  9. 6

FS: Poqet PC (Launch model, 512K)

I have a Poqet PC up for sale. It works great but has a few case blemishes like most. The crack on the side of the case near the right hinge has been epoxied to prevent the crack from spreading. I am looking for $75 shipped within the US You can see the operational status as well as the...
  10. 6

FS: Tandy 1000 HX w/ 640K Expansion

Howdy! I am listing my Tandy 1000 HX to fund more vintage computing projects. The Tandy works great and is in good physical condition. The memory expansion "plus" card is installed increasing the memory to 640K. These expansions are difficult to find and it took me several months to source this...
  11. 6

Howdy! Well, i'm bored, and I found a sweet old compact Macintosh to tinker with. One of the reasons I couldn't resist rescuing it is because it has a CPU accelerator installed! 16 MHz 68020 processor and 4 MB of RAM..... but no hard disk (shipped with the 2 x 800K floppy config)...
  12. 6

The Poqet PC (Video Overview)

Check out my video overview of the Poqet PC! Any Poqet PC owners in here?
  13. 6

Tandy 1000 HX Video Glitches

Howdy! I have a Tandy 1000 HX w/ 640K RAM and DMA expansion board. For some reason, some games will crash when I select Tandy video mode, but will work in CGA. Here is an example from Arkanoid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8A8wDO7uGA Some games work fine in Tandy mode, so i'm not sure what...
  14. 6

Tandy 1000 ROM Upgrade

Howdy! I just picked up a nice clean Tandy 1000HX! I'd like to upgrade the ROM, namely with a newer version of command.com and perhaps a couple of utilities and programs, as chip space allows. Has anyone tried this before? The MASK ROM appears to be an 8-bit 16K ROM. My plan is to remove...
  15. 6

Vintage Computer Mecca? Video of Electronics "Junk" Store

I thought some of you might enjoy my walkthrough of a local (Dallas-area) electronics store. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIy__NX9SvQ
Back