• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by acadiel

1. A

8 bit IDE (XTA) Replacement Project

I have three systems that have XTA - the RLX/B is one of them, followed by the TL/2 and my 1100HD laptop. The hard drives are actually still working in the RLX/B and TL/2, but not in the 1100.
  2. A

Tandy 1000 SL vs SL/2 differences

At the end of the day, when expanded, there's literally zero difference between the two. Both can have one 3.5 and one 5.25 and both can have 640K. Both have the same processor, etc.
  3. A

Antivirus Ms-Dos 3.30

I just found this and gave the guy $25 to help his archive.... great resource!
  4. A

Stoned Virus on IBM 5170/AT

What's the best A/V to put on DOS, and where do you get it? I've been meaning to ask that for a while.
  5. A

8 bit IDE (XTA) Replacement Project

I can't wait to try one of these in my Tandy 1000 TL and RL/RLX series. Maybe also my 1100HD Laptop. :)
  6. A

Issues getting turbo LED display to work with a 386

If you look at post #4 above, you will see the actual Turbo LED+Speed LED assembly. The actual Turbo LED cable from the motherboard is plugged into where it says "TURBO" on the top left of the assembly. The motherboard (link in post #3) simply states that it supplies a + and a - on the Turbo...
  7. A

I don’t think I’m communicating correctly. I’m talking about the turbo LED, which is hooked up to the PCB for the speed LEDs. The only connector to the motherboard is that three pin connector. With the first two pins hooked up to the motherboard, the board shows the turbo LED ON with the...
  8. A

I tried that - all swapping the three pin connectors does is change it to where the button has to be pressed OUT to be turbo and in to be regular speed, which is also backward.
  9. A

Thanks, everyone. I’ve gotten it to say “HI” and ”SL”. (Slow). The LED segments were the easiest thing to figure out. When I have the turbo button pressed in, the speed is fast, and I see “Hi” on the display. The Turbo LED does NOT light. When I have is pressed out, the speed is slow and I...
  10. A

Close up pictures. The turbo LED input from the motherboard plugs in the top left. The turbo LED itself plugs into the bottom center and the power is right next to it. Not sure what those two jumpers at the bottom are.
  11. A

Here’s the manual for my board: https://www.ultimateretro.net/motherboard/manual/m3-96f-sx-slc-615f3219e1b11303799237.pdf The turbo switch has three positions on it’s female connector. The motherboard male connector only has two. So I can make either a NO or NC type connection. The button...
  12. A

Hey there. I have a M396F 386 SX 33 board in a case and am having trouble getting the turbo LED and display to work correctly. None of the diagrams on Minus Zero degrees match mine. Here’s the first problem: As hooked up, the LED display shows a 16 when turbo is pressed and the Turbo light...
  13. A

PCJr Infrared keyboard and modern systems - adapter?

Thanks, I found that, but I'm looking for a more turnkey solution - like someone who might have written an Arduino or microcontroller code to where I can assemble the hardware and program it without having to author the keyboard microcode from scratch. Most of that is above my skill level. :)
  14. A

PCJr Infrared keyboard and modern systems - adapter?

I picked up a couple of these from Computer Reset, and they're cute! I notice they not only have infrared, but also a RJ11 jack on the back. Do they natively use the XT protocol on the wired connector, or is it proprietary to the PCJr? Has anyone created an adapter that will make these work...
  15. A

Needed - IBM 5152/Epson MX80/TI Impact printer

All of these were the same unit. I’m looking for either a working unit or one that I can use for parts. I am also looking for the serial card for this printer too. Thanks!!!