• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Adriaan

1. A

Mystery Machine

Serial 2 proved to be working as well! I failed to notice that, although the serial section (pins 2 and 3) of the connectors at the outside of the system are named equally, the rxd and txd wires are twisted in the Serial 1 wiring. All it took was a null modem cable to get Kermit working on...
  2. A

Mystery Machine

Some progress with our system, now I’m able to send data vise versa between the Intel MDS-225 and a Windows XP computer using Kermit. Which makes me think Serial CH2/TTY is defective because I can’t get this port to work while Serial CH1 does. Look:
  3. A

Mystery Machine

Thank you for your elaborate explanation how to remove the mold from within the screen, but I’m not sure what will happen with the system with this contaminated screen…
  4. A

Mystery Machine

Yes, they have the 4 pin switches, that was confusing me in the first place. But since the (defective) keyboard is not my personal property but belongs to the study collection of the University, it is not to me to decide what to do with it. But I will ask about it shortly and get back to you.
  5. A

Mystery Machine

Update on my previous post: I stumbled upon a Facebook thread of the Homecomputermuseum.nl regarding the MDS225 they had donated, but didn’t know what to do with it since it wasn’t a home computer and thus didn’t fit their museum collection. On reading this I immediately wrote them an email...
  6. A

Mystery Machine

Hi All, I'm new to this forum, and stumbled upon this while looking for: This is the system I'm currently working on. I'm a volonteer with the Studie Verzameling Universiteit Twente (Study Collection University of Twente, Netherlands) As a system it's working, we can load a program (Isis II)...
Back