• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Alegend's latest activity

• Alegend
    I have a similar device which is labelled a "power conditioner". It emits such a loud hum it makes you want to get up and move to...
    • sola power conditioner.jpg
  • Alegend
    Alegend reacted to Steve Toner's post in the thread New PDP-11/53 Build with Like Like.
    I recently acquired a KDJ11-DB board which appears to be from 1991, based on the date codes on the chips. Put it together with an...
  • Alegend
    Alegend replied to the thread VT100 Video Output Problem.
    You should be able to get a decent measurement and visuals even from a cheap-o-scope. Make sure you are using a 1:10 probe and that it...
  • Alegend
    Alegend reacted to peclark's post in the thread New fans for my Micro PDP11/23 with Like Like.
    The cooling fans on my Micro PDP11/23 were wearing out - the bearings in one were failing and the fan would no longer spin, and the...
  • Alegend
    The power supply rail should be checked for sanity but has nothing to do with these spikes, as they are transient spikes generated...
  • Alegend
    Digital ICs draw excessive current when switching, not when sitting at a sepecific logic level 1 or 0. The static fan-out load is a...
  • Alegend
    Alegend replied to the thread GOTEK, PDP-11, and MicroVAX2.
    Sorry about the link, here's the correct one: https://microvax2.org/wp/2023/05/03/microvax-i-vax-vms-4-7-successful-bootstrap/ There is...
  • Alegend
    Alegend replied to the thread GOTEK, PDP-11, and MicroVAX2.
    If you are familiar with simh you can use it to generate a standalone backup kit from within an emulated VMS system, on emulated RX33...
  • Alegend
    Alegend reacted to jmdhuse's post in the thread Keyboard-less VT10x terminals with Like Like.
    Hello All, I've noticed that there any number of VT10x monitors for sale on Ebay, but without the standard VT100 keyboard to go with...
  • Alegend
    Yes you must install a pull-up resistor for both the ready and write protect pins, so your drive is recognized and writeable. Any value...
  • Alegend
    Alegend replied to the thread MicroVAX II & GoTek.
    I had no problems using floppy images created by OpenSIMH. No conversions necessary, OpenSIMH is your friend for going most of the way...
  • Alegend
    Alegend replied to the thread MicroVAX II & GoTek.
    Take a look here: https://microvax2.org/wp/2023/05/03/microvax-i-vax-vms-4-7-successful-bootstrap/ I have achieved what you're trying...
Back