• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Anthony Beckett

1. A

Easy to set up Network System that work with Boot ROMs?

I have just bought a New Old Stock IBM PC Cluster Adaptor. Is the software available somewhere? Would love to give it a spin. Would be great to bring a JX over to the USA as part of a PCjr exhibit. I ordered a JRide the other day - over the next week or two I plan to wire up an Adaptor to...
  2. A

Hi Mike - Sure thing - here it is. For more clues - I should point out it is one of the PCs mentioned in this press release - http://www.thepcmuseum.com/ibmjx/jx_in_bendigo.pdf
  3. A

I picked up a very rare network card for an IBM JX which is looking for a network to serve it a file. On boot, it seems to be waiting for a response from a server but eventually times out. Appears to be coaxial Ethernet - is there something simple I can install that supports an NE2000 so I can...
  4. A

IBM PCjr but really IBM JX ROM burning question

No good with this EEPROM programmer. Would you have any advice on a good eeprom programmer to purchase? I suspect this cheap Chinese one is just a POC. Tried this several times with no joy.
  5. A

Hi Steph - I gave this a try but unfortunately I get garbage data. I have taken a photo of what I have done to show you just in case I have stuffed this up. Anthony
  6. A

Hi there - Thanks for replying! The ROM in particular I am copying is 64k in size, its IBM Part 8530K9 as shown by this image. I have also attached the ROM as a link for interest. http://www.thepcmuseum.com/ibmjx/ROMS/IBM%20JX%208530K9%20-%2027C512.BIN Anthony
  7. A

Hi all - I have been able to read the IBM JX ROMs using my EPROM burner and successfully burn them to 27512s. But life cannot be this simple, and of course, the IBM JX does not like the copied ROMs one bit. Reading online, there are different pinouts and I should read the technical reference...
  8. A

IBM JX Information Page

I am not sure why half my posts are not appearing. Anyway, the plastic casing is interesting. While common on the JX, they are also fairly standard in the IBM PCjr range and some random things. Note the Token Ring driver cover is also a rigid plastic case - and this is for a PC.
  9. A

IBM JX Information Page

I have quite a few of the plastic case software - you can see the images of the scans in the software section but Museums Victoria has two titles I don’t have (Typing Tutor and the other one). You are correct though, it is intriguing packaging. I do however have some weird IBM Token Ring driver...
  10. A

IBM JX Information Page

Hi all - As a new years resolution I decided to archive/document as much information as I can about some of the equipment that I have. As I have discovered that I have a rather comprehensive collection of IBM JX machines and there is very little information about them online, I have decided to...
  11. A

Hello from Australia

Hi there - My name is Anthony Beckett and I am a collector of mainly Apple, Atari, Commodore, Microbee, some IBM and others. I have a website, www.thepcmuseum.com. I hope to participate regularly, currently here to get information on repairing what appears to be a faulty video circuit on my...
Back