• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ardsleytank

1. A

TPC Keyboard II - PS2 adapter?

Hello all, I have been fortunate to come into possession of two TPC Keyboard II keyboards. From what little research I've done, they appear to be a specialized, metal-cased, heavily shielded Model F keyboard. They have an oddball 9-pin connector. I would love to use them on other computers...
  2. A

Tandy 1000SX not POSTing, thoughts?

Naahville area.
  3. A

Hello all, Thank you for all of your suggestions. I have repeated  all the chips at least once, maybe twice, no change. I have tried to identify any buggered ram chips, nothing has changed. I swapped the cpu for a V20, no change. Nine of the chips get hot, the cpu only gets ever so slightly...
  4. A

Slight update: I tested continuity between the 5V pins on the motherboard where the power supply plugs in, to ground, and am seeing 50oms. My meter thinks that is pretty much a short. Would any of you be willing to check your machine to see if that is a normal reading?
  5. A

Hi all, I have just purchased a Tandy 1000SX that was untested, and upon taking it home, I have found that it will not POST. No beeps at all, though the floppy drive light came on (and stayed on), the caps-lock lights are on (and unable to be turned off) on the keyboard, and the screen is...
  6. A

386 on a 286 board? AKA, thought I bought a 286, got a 386 instead!

So, I'm new to the world of IBM Compatibles, so please pardon me for any inaccuracies I may make. So, I recently bought an AT-clone, with Packard Bell monitor for a steal of a deal. (Well, I haven't tested it, but the parts alone were worth it) Anyway, I was digging into it, trying to see what...
  7. A

What computer did this monitor go to?

Hi all. I thought I had been cured of this disease, but apparently not. Snagged a pretty good deal on an AT Clone, this is my first time with IBM PCs, I was a Tandy guy before so forgive me if I make a mistake. Anyway, it came with a pretty sweet Packard Bell Color monitor. However, I can't...
  8. A

Model 4 3.5" FDD Conversion.

So, forgive me if this has been asked before, but I've looked and I've seen it done, but I have never seen HOW they did it. I have a TRS-80 Model 4, and I'm tired of having a tower dedicated to making 5.25 disks. Which is more like 2 computers since the floppy computer is too old for the...
  9. A

TRS-80 Model 4 won't power up. :(

Hi all! Been a while, I know. So... I think I may have made a topic about this before, but I thought I had fixed it. As apparently I hadn't. Any way, my Model 4 won't power on. When I flip the switch, the power supply just gives a faint ticking sound as well as the drive lights flickering...
  10. A

WTB: Looking for a nice condition IBM Model M

Hi, guys. I recently had an opportunity to play with a Model M, and well... I'm hooked. So I'm looking for one, in nice condition, I can handle a little dirt, but preferably no physical damage. Also, I'm on a budget (thanks Christmas...), I'd like to spend around $75 total including...
  11. A

Atari 800XL Computer System

Selling my Atari 800XL system. Here's the link to the CL ad. https://nashville.craigslist.org/sys/d/vintage-atari-xl-computer/6206260561.html I'm tight on cash now, and I really need to sell this thing fast... Thanks, Peter
  12. A

TRS-80 Model III for sale on Ebay...

Not mine, but found this on Ebay... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Radioshack-TRS-80-Model-III-Microcomputer-For-Parts-Repair-Only-/272704896697?hash=item3f7e7a7eb9:g:CykAAOSwi7RZNr4H I love the description; "This computer powers on but the internal battery is shot & you have to reset the...
  13. A

Thinning the Herd...

Welp. I'd rather not ship either of these, so these are local pickup only. Sorry. Here's what I've got: Early 1984 Atari 800XL with 1050 Disk Drive and 1027 Printer. Atari 800XL works great. Comes with a RD switching I modded to out put a coach signal and can no longer output signal on the...
  14. A

Resolution to the most frustrating TRS-80 CRT Swap...

Well, following the advice I got from some of the members here, I put a resistor inline with pin 2 of the CRT in my Model III. No dice. So, the other option was pin 3, which goes to pin E802 on the video board. Couldn't find a 12 ohm resistor, so I tried a 10ohm. Made no difference. So, I...
  15. A

Model 4 Power Supply issues...

Well, I guess I never learn. Just got back from a trip and on the way I brought some "rescues" with me. Okay, the Model 4 I got off Craigslist but who's taking notes? (In case you're curious, the other 'Rescues are an IBM Aptiva E275 w/monitor and an Imac G3. Got those from a nice lady.) Any...
Back