• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by AriesMu

1. A

6 minutes snap-on 386SX to 486 upgrade "chip"

Hey guys, what do you think about this 6 minutes snap-on 386SX to 486 upgrade "chip" I saw on an informaticaviejuna's Instagram post? I had no idea such a thing even existed!!! (and how in the world would it work "disabling" the 386 CPU that is left underneath since the motherboard clearly...
  2. A

The real unicorn: a working 40 MHz VLB bus

Hello fellow retrocomputerers! With 40 MHz FSB 486 CPUs (such as Am486 DX2-80 and Am486 DX4-120), what VLB and PCI motherboards can surely have the actual VLB or PCI slots actually running at actual 40 MHz without needing to add crappy wait states or down-clocking the slots at 27 MHz? Do you...
  3. A

Filling the DOS gap of the at that time so-called Windows Accelerator SVGA cards

Hello retro friends! :) I was wondering... Remember that in the good old days we were all puzzled by the following to be or not to be situation: • Either go with older SVGA cards which are great for DOS performance and DOS games (of course the first example that comes up is the Tseng ET4000)...
  4. A

486 DX CPU + 487 FPU in dedicated FPU socket

Hi all! I wonder what would have happened in those good old 486 systems with both CPU and FPU sockets if this scenario were to happen: • 486 SX CPU replaced with a 486 DX one • 487 FPU installed in its socket We would have then 1 CPU and 2 FPUs! 1) Would non-multiprocessing operating systems...
Back