• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by bano

1. B

FS: Olivetti Envision P75 with original keyboard

Hi everyone, selling a nice (and quite uncommon) Olivetti Envision P75. The Envision was yet another attempt ahead of its time to introduce the computer on the living room: the case is designed to match with VCRs, sporting a front facing VFD display with clock and status informations, and...
  2. B

Videx Videoterm clone - looking for the firmware

Hi everyone! I've recently scored a nice italian Apple II+ clone (Asem AM-100), carrying an 80 column video card: The card appears to be an exact clone (..of course) of the Videx Videoterm board: even the layout it's the same, except the leftmost part, where the four 2114 SRAM chips are...
  3. B

Weird Wico trackball mod

Hi everyone, hope someone here can help me shred some light on this. Some time ago I picked up a somewhat modified Wico Command Control trackball. As you can see from the pics, the original logic board has probably been replaced, and a potentiometer has been added in place of the biggest...
  4. B

Mystery hardware trivia

Hi everyone. Some time ago I got this thing with a bunch of other stuff: As you can see it's made by Ampex, and - well, I suppose - it's some kind of backup device: inside there's an hdd (also made by Ampex), a tape streamer, and two boards with several WD ICs, two Z80 and a couple of EPROMS...
  5. B

PET vertical deflection problem

Unfortunately, they weren't socketed. But with a bit of work, and a generous donation from a suffering 64, here's the result: Success! Many thanks Dave and Gabriele for your help :) While I was there, I also added sockets (and chips) for the second row of ram, so I've full 32k now :) Last...
  6. B

Today I replaced G10 and H8, and... it works! Well, almost: The computer works, I can type in a simple program and execute it. But the content of the screen is repeated, with different characters... even the blinking cursor is repeated. Sometimes, when turned on, there are more 'dirty'...
  7. B

Dave, thanks for your help. I just checked, with J7 disconnected, and the output of UG10 pin 11 is exactly the same shown before: there's a TTL level (even if it's about 4v), but is always high, no useful pulses. I also checked the output on pin 2 of UH8 (/Q), and there's a pulse - even if it's...
  8. B

Hi everyone. I found this great place looking for repair informations... as many others, as it seems :) Long story short, I've just received my first PET - lovely machine, from what I can see :) It's a CBM 3016, and... well, it's not working. The entire display is collapsed into a thin...
Back