• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by bburley

1. B

Monitor Philips CM11342

I would think it would be ok to leave it set just high enough to be able to see what is on the screen for now. I am not sure if it is stable or if it will change again if additional repairs are done. It the raster collapses to a single horizontal line, that means that you are losing vertical...
  2. B

Monitor Philips CM11342

Transistor 7512 seems to be functioning because if it wasn't driving the flyback you still wouldn't have the -27V. The G2 voltage is low, should be about 370V. Perhaps the G2 adjustment was fiddled with while it wasn't working. Turn it up to see if anything shows on the screen, if nothing...
  3. B

Decoding TI-99/4A Cassettes with CS1er - Going from Horrible to Excellent Results

I may look at that later. I will stick to decoding more tapes for now. As soon as it warms up a bit more my computer activity will reduce a lot until fall.
  4. B

Decoding TI-99/4A Cassettes with CS1er - Going from Horrible to Excellent Results

One more tip that I can add. Once the recording level and EQ settings are worked out, the single most important Tuning adjustment is the DC Offset. Using the "Debug" function should be avoided. Instead start a fresh run with each Tuning or DC Offset setting and check the end of the log for the...
  5. B

I have been playing with every setting imaginable trying to decode TI-99/4A cassette tapes with CS1er with dismal results until I finally learned a few things and started to get excellent results. I thought I would share some of those tips here. For the initial recording, playback from a Mono...
  6. B

Monitor Philips CM11342

This is the area that can have the most problems related to loss of drive for the flyback. You can carefully re-check components and connections/traces in this area. After that, you will be at a serious disadvantage without a scope.
  7. B

Looking for the service manual for TI 810 printer (Omni 800 series)

This one? https://archive.org/details/MaintenanceManualForModel810Printer
  8. B

Monitor Philips CM11342

If the 27V is missing because the flyback is not operating or is not being driven, you should also be missing the G2 voltage (370V) that appears on pin 7 of the CRT. Do you have any voltage there?
  9. B

Old monitor Acerview 11vga

The waveform from pin 2 (Collector) looks low. It should look closer to this; I would have expected to see a smaller 31KHz waveform on the base of Q312 coming from the driver transformer, but it doesn't seem to be there or your scope probe connections are not right or something caused the...
  10. B

What is this? Post Photos of Mystery Items Here (vintage computers only)

After I thought of tossing it, I at least should look inside. I guess that blob (of epoxy?) is saying "so you want to reverse engineer it, do you?"
  11. B

Reminded me that I had a stray dongle stashed for a long time. Now that I have dug it out, I don't see any reason to keep it. If anyone wants it for the cost of postage, let me know before I toss it.
  12. B

Iomega zip100 plus : looking for pdf doc

I have converted MANUAL.EXE and REFMAN.EXE into PDF for the fun of it, although it doesn't look like there is any hardware manual on that CD.
  13. B

The Dongle itself appears to be universal and can be used with any software. - It appears that the letters used stand for "Sentinel Pro". https://fccid.io/IVZSPRO1188 So the only identifying feature is the white label. Given the timeline here, the probability of it being Maya is extremely...
  14. B

Hopefully the compilation CD will be closer. I won't look at converting the omanual any further because it is available here - https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=z100s2
  15. B

I also don't think it is from Iomega but a third party - not sure. I have to get some other things done today but I started wondering how to convert the xml to a pdf?
Back