• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Bish500

1. B

8296 bad PLA

I have a non-functional 8296. The PLA at U5 is super hot as soon as it’s powered up. I’m assuming it’s bad. Does anyone know of a replacement PLA for this machine? Thanks!
  2. B

TRS-80 Model III - What's my next step?

I just thought I’d give a visual update! I *REALLY* appreciate all of the guidance and assistance you’ve all provided! What a great community! This is awesome! I can’t wait to dive further into it now!
  3. B

TRS-80 Model III - What's my next step?

I was gifted a TRS-80 Model III (48K), which is in really dirty condition. When I turn it on, the lower drive light comes on, and it spins. Then the light goes off, and the drive stops spinning. The monitor shows some brightness lines, but no text/graphics. My problem is this: I've never...
  4. B

8000 series computers

I just picked up three 8000 series CBM machines. One 8032 was missing a fuse - easy fix There are two others - One 8032 that has a daughter board that goes into one of the two empty EPROM slots (there's a piece of masking tape around the power cord that says "super pet", but it does not...
  5. B

WTB: MPS-803 Tractor Feed Attachment

I recently purchased a MPS-803 printer. I'm looking for the "optional" tractor feed attachment that didn't come with it. The printer is black. I'm not really concerned if the tractor feed matches or not...but it would be nicer if it was black. I'm in Ontario, Canada - Near Toronto.
  6. B

Does anyone have a MPS1000, MPS1200 or MPS1250 they want to part with?

As it says in the title...I'm looking for a MPS-1000, MPS-1200 or MPS-1250 printer. I'd like it with the "optional" tractors. Obviously, it needs to be working. Must be willing to ship to Canada. Let me know... Thanks!
  7. B

Lemonade Stand

I've been looking for this very simple program for the PET (I'm assuming I could also use the 64 version, and convert it to the right memory location with unicopy). I recall that it came with my 64 originally. I'm having great difficulty finding it on the web. Does anyone have it (e-mail me a...
  8. B

Selling cheap Commodore 64 for parts on eBay

Commodore 64 for parts going cheap on eBay.. Auction # (322474071941) $12.50 Canadian right now (What's that in US dollars? 3 cents? ;) ) Oh...yes...it's mine. ;)
  9. B

8296 Repair

I'm making a new thread for this, just so it doesn't get lumped into the weekend finds thread. This is now about repair. This 8296 was donated to me. From the story I got from the previous owner, it sat in a basement for about 9 years. A dehumidifier was used in the basement. I took a look...
  10. B

Some weekend finds

All it needed was a good cleaning! I'm doing a burn-in test now, but all looks good.
  11. B

Some weekend finds

I found this chart for the keyboard header. I'm assuming I just connect GND to one of the other header pins?
  12. B

Some weekend finds

I was contacted by someone who wanted to donate some Commodore equipment to me. It turns out one unit was an 8296, and the other an 8032. The 8296 does not power up. It looks like the fuse block has been damaged. Putting a meter across the inner prongs shows there's no continuity. It's...
  13. B

What's the best SD2IEC to get??

Ok...I need advice. I see all kinds of SD2IEC on eBay. Some have 2-line LCD screens. Some need external power, some draw right through the serial bus...others take power from the cassette drive port. There seems to be a range of buttons too...some have two, others have 4. Does anyone have...
  14. B

New here and a lot of questions about Commodore PET (2001 and 8032)

Here is a schematic to get composite video out of a PET
  15. B

Looking for MPS-1000, 1200 or 1250

Looking for a Commodore MPS-1000, MPS-1200 or MPS-1250 printer (reasonably). I would want the tractor feed accessory to come with it. Hopefully something close-ish to central Ontario, Canada (Greater Toronto Area) Thanks!
Back