• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by blatboy

1. blatboy

Mid Atlantic FREE!! — IBM PC-XT (Model 5160) with Samsung MA2575 12" Amber Monitor

If this hasn’t been taken, I would be happy to pick it up. I live in NYC I have a car. I have a studio to put it in.
  2. blatboy

PET + simple communication via IEEE-488 GPIB?

Yes. Thanks!
  3. blatboy

Oh yes. I was very wrong. Sorry to waste your time on something so simple, that you explained so clearly. I was thinking Parallel (even though I wrote DISK haha) and was stooopidly wrong. I get it. This is great news.
  4. blatboy

Ahh I'm sorry. I misunderstood. I thought they are on the same physical port (IEEE488 far right port looking at back) as both the PetSD+ and the PetTerm were to be connected. Are you saying the USER port is what I'm thinking is the DISK port in the middle next to the cassette port? Is that...
  5. blatboy

petSD+ actually connects to IEEE488 port... I wonder if they can co mingle. http://www.primrosebank.net/computers/pet/projects/pet_petsd_ug2.htm (note further down the page under "External petSD+")
  6. blatboy

Oh. I have a similar things (minus the GPIB sockets, which I now have on order) and I will be putting something together like this. My PETsd uses a GPIB cable with a pass through… I’m hoping I can just keep the PETsd connected when using the terminal
  7. blatboy

Oh, I wouldn't need a breakout board... just an edge connector. This is all great info. My ultimate plan (cue evil laughter) is to utilize the raspberry pi for tcpip/ftp to an external card reader. I won't have to get out of my chair if I want to put something on my petSD card from the...
  8. blatboy

Ah... ok. So if I were to use the adafruit TTL to USB... and then just connect pins to the user port as described... maybe using a breakout board like this --- thanks!
  9. blatboy

Greetings! I have a PET 4016 (modded as 4032) and I use a petSD+ I'm wondering if it's possible to use the PET as a terminal for a Linux machine (probably Raspberry Pi based.) I've seen a program available for the PET called PETterm that could work? Would I need an expensive GPIB to USB...
Back