• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by BLinux

1. B

[FS] Floppy disks with drivers, utilities, operating systems, applications, etc.

This is a follow-up to my feeler thread: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?52332-any-interest-in-old-floppy-disks-with-drivers-and-old-software-for-DOS-and-Win95-98 So, I've gone through the whole pile and here is a list of floppy disks that I have for sale. Going to keep it simple and...
  2. B

any interest in old floppy disks with drivers and old software for DOS and Win95/98 ?

I'm currently clearing out my office space of old things I no longer need. I found a box of floppy disks (like a floppy disk organizer, not a paper box) with a variety of software on them. Includes things like drivers for DOS and Win95/98 (mostly DOS and Win95) for various CD-ROMs, SoundBlaster...
  3. B

FS: SUN Microsystems / SGI components

I've reached a point in my life where I need to downsize and get rid of stuff I've been keeping for too long and not really using. I've had so much computer gear in my house and they need to find a new home. All of the stuff I'm selling is my personal stuff that I had kept with the intention of...
  4. B

FS: various old PC adapters (PCI/ISA) - located in San Diego, CA, USA

Hi folks, I've reached a point in my life where I don't need to keep a lot of this old computer equipment that I've saved for one reason or another. I've got a lot of old PC stuff, also some Unix (Sun/SGI) stuff I will post in another thread, that I want to see go to a good home. All of it was...
  5. B

How-To: Overclock your Sun Ultra 5/10

Although overclocking is often done in the PC world, it is also possible with some Sun systems. I use to own several Sun Ultra 5/10 systems (mostly sold, have one left that I might sell), and found this procedure to boost the UPA frequency and hence overclock the CPU with the same clock...
  6. B

How-To: workaround when your Sun Ultra-5/10 NVRAM no longer works

New member here... mainly just joined to sell off my old Sun and other ancient computer equipment. But, as I was digging through old files, I found stuff that I thought might be useful to the folks here so I'm posting it in hopes this becomes an archive for such info. As the old Sun systems get...
  7. B

Hello! vintage Unix computer guy here...

Don't know if anyone here is also on overclock (dot) net, but I'm also a long time member there under the same user name. I've recently reached a point in my life, where I've decided to let go of a lot of my old vintage computer stuff, especially old Unix gear. I've sold all my SGI computers...
Back