• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by CamiTheWitch

1. CamiTheWitch

Good starter guide for VIC 20 programming using Windows?

Oh cool, thanks!! That looks like it’s exactly what I want. I didn’t find that when I looked, but I also used different search terms. Thank you!!
  2. CamiTheWitch

Texas Untested TI-99/4 Peripheral Expansion Box + Cards : $300 or Make an Offer

This unit is untested for two reasons, number 1 is that I lack a TI-99/4A to test it, and number 2 is I'm a bit afraid to turn it on. It very visibly has seen moisture, and I since I don't have a TI-99 anyway, I don't really want to plug it in. The square power button cover is missing. It has...
  3. CamiTheWitch

Good starter guide for VIC 20 programming using Windows?

I'm looking to start writing 6502 assembly, specifically for the VIC-20, and I'm not sure what tools to start with. I'd like something that color codes the assembly commands in some way, since it's a bit hard for me personally to see what I'm doing with a traditional black text on a white...
  4. CamiTheWitch

VIC-20 Issues

I have a decent number of tools but I’m not sure how to use them in this situation. Specifically for tools I have an oscilloscope, logic analyzer, logic probe, multimeter, EEPROM programmer, and soldering iron at my disposal. Most of them I got cheap when I worked at an electronics store and...
  5. CamiTheWitch

VIC-20 Issues

So, I’m working on at least 3 VIC-20s at the moment, and all are in varying states of completely dead, and I’m hoping someone can help me find where to look. Number 1 boots but the white background is black and the keyboard input is garbled. It loads a cartridge but the not fully. The one time...
  6. CamiTheWitch

Optiplex 745, for my "vintage" needs?

I have a similar machine doing the same thing and it does an excellent job, to the extent I’ve worn out a few floppy drives writing disks with this computer. $150 seems like a little much but if it already has the floppy drive in it it’s absolutely worth it.
  7. CamiTheWitch

What are your current projects?

- Get Tandy 1000 RLX to recognize an XT-CF-lite - Finally get my C64 running properly - Fix several VIC-20 boards running (some to sell and some to tinker with, none have shells) - Fix my IBM PS/2 Model 30 and Model 80 - Put my IBM XT motherboard into a chassis so I can use it
  8. CamiTheWitch

Adoption of software from Motorola MC680X based computers to Epson HX-20 - Is it possible?

It’s definitely possible, but it may have ended up being more effort than just outright writing code for the HX-20, since a lot of memory addresses and such would need to be changed, as well as methods to access stuff like the display. I’m almost positive someone tried to do it, but they may...
  9. CamiTheWitch

Tandy 1000 RLX XT-CF-lite Issues

Hi! I recently picked up a Tandy 1000 RLX with no hard drive and one floppy drive. I'm trying to get a Lo-Tech XT-CF-lite running, and have had no luck. I originally tried with the stock ROM, to no avail, then I tried the FF filled ROM that buffers the first 24k of the ROM, and that also didn't...
  10. CamiTheWitch

IBM Aptiva 2144-27P running PC-DOS 6.30 refuses to look for new floppies

For anyone having a similar problem, I got some help from someone outside this website and ended up getting it running. I cleaned up every switch in the floppy drive I could find, tested the cable and found it was fine, and reseated everything as a side effect, and somewhere along the line, it...
  11. CamiTheWitch

Gateway Colorbook 2000

It looks like the Gateway 2000 Colorbook machines all used a SystemSoft BIOS, a notoriously irritating BIOS to work with. Here are the beep codes for that type of BIOS, pulled from a NEC Versa laptop's manual: Beep Codes Beep Sequence Description Note: S = Short beep P = Pause L = Long beep...
  12. CamiTheWitch

IBM Aptiva 2144-27P running PC-DOS 6.30 refuses to look for new floppies

It installed the OS okay (albeit with a LOT of quirks), but with basically everything after that, (Windows 3.11, Doom, etc.) it refuses to get past the first disk. I tried loading a boot disk to see if the problem was software related, but it took leaving no disk in the drive and listing the...
Back