• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by cbscpe

1. C

yet another PDP-11 barebone hack

Seems similar to my Seems to match my goals that led to my PDP-11/Hack computer. FPJ11 is not really necessary as it only increases the speed of floating point instructions, but the DCJ11 already supports them in its microcode. Have a look at my home page. Feel free to ask questions.
  2. C

SCSI SD card adapter for Emulex Qbus card?

Nice, I was not aware of ZuluSCSI and RaSCSI. I was only using SCSI2SD in various versions. One question though. One of my SCSI2SD is setup to emulate a SASI Drive, replacing a MFM Drive with a Xebec S1410 controller board connected to a Plessey Disk Controller that emulates an RVL12. This...
  3. C

11/73 Bootstrap for BDV-11, DU, DL, DD etc...

It all depends what you want to put into those Bootroms. If the goal is to just Boot or Autoboot a device, e.g. DL, DU, DD, etc. then this should be straightforward. I have here a Plessey Bootrom that occupies the two 256words (aka 512bytes) windows and provides a prompt and allows you to...
  4. C

T-11 (DCT11) NMOS Logic Levels

Send me a PM then I can send you the current source code.
  5. C

T-11 (DCT11) NMOS Logic Levels

As far as I can see from the Semiconductor Handbook Volume 1 the input and output levels of the T-11 are compatible with TTL and so are the levels of the AT150X CPLDs. So there should be no issue to mix and match T-11, TTL, EPROM, SRAM and CPLD.
  6. C

Data on Plessey 256KB Qbus memory card 705035

All I have from Plessey is linked to the description of my own Plessey System https://www.5volts.ch/posts/plessey/
  7. C

Data on Plessey 256KB Qbus memory card 705035

I have two of those as well and happen to have some information about them, look here https://www.5volts.ch/downloads/Plessey-6200-SV-128.pdf those are Q22 cards and I used to run them in my Plessey PDP-11/23 system.
  8. C

What is actually known about the PDP-11/74?

Thanks a lot for the insight information and the link to the documents. Very interesting story. I was not aware that CIS was one of the key features. Honestly, although I worked quite a lot with PDP-11s I've only read about but never seen a PDP-11 with the CIS option installed. As all systems I...
  9. C

What is actually known about the PDP-11/74?

How much is known about the PDP-11/74 and what is actually available. E.g. pictures, documentation, programmers that have worked with it? As far as I know this machine has never been made available to the public. However there is still so much said and there are many notes even in DEC documents...
  10. C

Heathkit H11A Gett'er Working Thread.

Be aware the 74LS640 are open collector on both busses. So you need to add pull-ups on the internal bus. But I think using a tri-state buffer is ok. You also often see the AM2908 to drive BDAL0..15, they are expensive but still available.
  11. C

Hi Lee, I completely understand the anachronism stuff. The main reason my card is SMD and rather small is that prices for PCB in full Dual Width Q-Bus Format are very expensive, at least here. Although the 2N3904 seems an elegant solution I recommend to use a 74F38 (yes the F Version, they...
  12. C

The address latches do not need to be cleared at all. Just latch the address using SYNC (inverted BSYNC as you do). See also my version of a Q-Bus Memory Card . This one is mostly SMD mainly because the only 1Mx16bit SRAM for 5V I could has an SMD package. There is also a 2Mx16bit SRAM but only...
  13. C

Another new system - could use a little guidance...

When you boot DU0: you most likely need to configure the other DUx: devices, what does a "show dev:du" display when you are in RT-11?
  14. C

Cannot access multiple MSCP (DUx:) drives under SIMH RT11

Yes to be able to use two MSCP controllers you need to do a sysgen, the default for DU$POR is 1. After that you can assign the DU drives to either port.
  15. C

Mini-Omnibus backplane for debug and minimal system

Thanks for the links. I don't know what I did but never was able to find those. So I immediately ordered a few. They just arrived today, as you mentioned they are not as shallow and allow for a wider tongue, but that's no issue here. The contact is the same and for the tongue I plan to make the...
Back