• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Chris_in_Japan

1. C

Compatibility of Xebec Controllers to IBM 5155

Dear all, I think I made a wrong buy and I was willing to ask the expert advice of yours about it. Please check these pics: http://s671.photobucket.com/user/Chris_in_Japan/media/up_zps01e9f737.jpg.html http://s671.photobucket.com/user/Chris_in_Japan/media/down_zps2209bb9b.jpg.html The...
  2. C

Dead Portable (5126) and Conner HD needing format

Hi there! I have now to Macintosh Portable on the table. A 5120 and a 5126 ("backlight"). No power adapter, no 9V battery, just a newly rebuilt and fully charged 6V main battery. The 5120 will boot, happy mac is shown but the floppy drive will spin and stop, spin and stop indefinitively...
  3. C

IBM 5155 (Portable Personal Computer)

Hi Everybody! After long absence and after having repaired a 5160 with your help I came one week ago to an 5155 along (100$) that has some flaws that I was hoping to fix again with some good advices from you... The machine is configured with 256kb RAM, one original 5 1/4 floppy and one hard...
  4. C

Testing the math co-processor...

Hi everybody! I bought and installed a math co-processor in my 5160 and have no diagnose software. How can i test if the co-processor is working (well)? Some command in dos (3.30) to check it? Some simple for/next routine in basic with some execution time with and without co-processor to judge...
  5. C

Ms-dos 3.30

Hi guys. I lost my single copy of the MS-DOS 3.30 in a fried hdd. I was willing to know if somebody would be willing to do me favor to mail me a copy in 360KB 5.25" floppy discs... I can return expenses by paypal or mailing the cash. I am based in Europe (Liechtenstein). Thanks!
  6. C

There is not enough room in memory for...

Hello to all! First day in the forum and the second question already... Sorry, folks! I have a Macintosh 128K that seems to work fine with the following exception: Once I am inserting the disc with Paint and I launch the program, the message "There is not enough room in memory for MacPaint"...
  7. C

5160 with issues in the Seagate hard drive

Hi, Everybody! I am a newbie, tried to introduce myself in "Introductions" and 5 seconds later coming with the first question! Not nice, I know! Since I am just a humble mechanical engineer I feel myself like at the doctor - I will just list symptoms with the hope to offer some clue to find...
  8. C

Newcomer from Liechtenstein

Hi everybody! I am 44 years old and living in Liechtenstein with my small family (wife & three kids aged 8, 6 and 3). I developed somehow increasing interest for vintage things - I have no scientific explanation for that! I am in anyway a collector... I enjoy my few Harleys from the 40's, my...
Back