• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ClassicHasClass

1. C

Panasonic HHC

The ones I have came from an insurance company (New York Life and probably others). I think I have the Microsoft BASIC ROM but not the SNAP one. I'd really like to find the video output box ...
  2. C

C-128 Garbage screen in 40 column mode

It's interesting that the entire screen is covered with the same character (the colour comes from the RAM at $d800). Since you said the CIAs also tested good, if you type blindly at the C64 prompt POKE 56576,6, what do you see? It should be garbage, but it should not be all the same character.
  3. C

How about the CIAs or MMU?
  4. C

AlphaMicro Systems AM1000, AM1200, & maybe AM100L drive replacement

I'm not near my own 1200 for a bit but I'll look when I get a chance (probably weekend after next).
  5. C

Can't remember

You need an REU for RAM disk support. The MAY 87 disk should have the RAM disk driver on it, see https://www.devili.iki.fi/Computers/Commodore/C128/CPM-tech/cpm1.html
  6. C

How did you test the VIC?
  7. C

Trouble Installing OS X Tiger on an iMac G3

Which specific Tiger install is this? Do the 10.4.0 CD images work (not DVD)?
  8. C

Reorganization of 'Genres' Category

Does the new IBM non-PC category also include things like POWER systems?
  9. C

KIM-1 Repairs continue

Oh, no question. They're not particularly rare except for the very earliest revisions, and they're very durable machines, so if one's still around it's either working or repairable. I suspect that of the ones that got tossed, it was accidental because they looked like disembodied random circuit...
  10. C

KIM-1 Repairs continue

Revisions *beyond* G?
  11. C

AIM-65 Video Output Success.

Really nice work. I got some boards and pieces in for my own AIM-65, and this sounds like a worthy extension to look into as well.
  12. C

Advice on restoring a Dual G4

Let me be slightly pedantic here just in case what I wrote in https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/advice-on-restoring-a-dual-g4.1246767/post-1366392 wasn't clear enough, but the distinction is important: the Classic Environment is the part of OS X that can boot OS 9 in virtualization. That...
  13. C

KIM-1 Repairs continue

Well done. I had something similar happen replacing the RAM on mine.
  14. C

TMS7000 development systems

This is very helpful. I'm trying to get into a little CC-40 hacking myself. Thanks for doing this.
Back