• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by CompaqGuy1993

1. C

Is it safe to use an MDA monitor with a mono EGA output?

Ah! Thank you for that link, I couldn't find anything like that!
  2. C

Is it safe to use an MDA monitor with a mono EGA output?

Is it safe to use my ET3000AX EGA mono output with my MDA monitors? I've read some combinations of CGA/MDA equipment can damage each other.
  3. C

Will the BASIC ROM from a C64 work for testing a bad IC from a VIC-20?

I think I have a bad BASIC ROM on my VIC and I don't have an oscilloscope or spare ROM to test with. I am getting the solid blue screen with blue border with no cursor and no text. I do have 2 spare fully working C64's. Will temporarily swapping the ROM over work for testing purposes...
  4. C

The keyboard has completely stopped working on my Model III

I recently pulled out a Model III that was fully working a few years back when I first got it. I pulled it out to clean and prep for sale and the keyboard was giving the wrong characters for the wrong keys, and some keys gave nothing. I turned it off and tried again in a few days and the...
  5. C

Is it feasible to upgrade the video memory on integrated VLB?

Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for.
  6. C

Is it feasible to upgrade the video memory on integrated VLB?

I have noticed that most of the integrated VLB video of the mid 90's usually only has 1mb when the chipsets will often support 2mb. Is it feasible just to solder on IC's that have double the capacity in place of the old ones, or are the onboard video bioses fixed on a certain amount of memory...
  7. C

Does the IIgs and mac use the same DB15 cable?

I need to buy a replacement for my IIgs, and every listing on eBay claims that the cables are the same for both machines. I just want to confirm before buying.
  8. C

Vintage Word Processors

Ah, thanks! That's at least one part of the software I wanted. I'll see if it works with mine. I don't have a desire to mod mine with CP/M. Was just pointing out the possibility for others that might be interested because I know modding the old Amstrad PWC's is popular. I suppose a CP/M mod...
  9. C

Vintage Word Processors

I was finally able to buy a very decent Brother WP5600MDS with the amber monitor today for $20. It needs cleaned, but everything is working and it's not beat up. It is however missing all the manuals, and the OEM floppies with the external software these units came with. Is there a place where...
  10. C

Is there a DOS version of Doom that allows GZDoom functions like up/down mouse look and jump?

Yes. thank you so much. DOSDoom 0.653 is exactly what I was looking for.
  11. C

Vintage Word Processors

I like them a lot personally. I have gotten back into writing, and they are an excellent distraction free writing tool. I am actually trying to get a 90's model with a divorced monitor right now.
  12. C

Is there a DOS version of Doom that allows GZDoom functions like up/down mouse look and jump?

Just curious. Thought it might be fun to try on my old 486 with a more modern control system.
  13. C

Which word processors from the 90's had the best keyboards?

I understand that Smith Corona used an inferior leaf-spring-over-membrane design on many of its models that becomes very poor to type on after sometime. Can anyone advise me on which Smith Corona models don't use this keyboard, or if Brother WP's have a better designed keyboard? I need a unit...
Back