• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by comradesean

1. C

Anyone know much about 1992 Packing/Unpacking executables?

I've got a retail release of the software "Out of the World" and a Scene release TimeStamped two+ days earlier. I'd like to compare the two executables and see if there were any differences (and figure out if it was a legitimate early release), but the scene group repacked their copy with PKLITE...
  2. C

Looking for Pirates! Dos Cardboard folder. (First Edition in manual)

Hey everyone, I'm looking to purchase a copy of Pirates! v432.1 which is easily recognized by being sold in the Cardboard Folder box style. *I recently purchased a copy on eBay which turned out to be a second edition. I'm unsure if this was an incomplete pieced together copy or there's...
  3. C

Won't Boot. No Video. No beeps codes?

It's a 200W PS-5201-1D1 and has the following connectors
  4. C

Won't Boot. No Video. No beeps codes?

Picked up a cheap Dell Dimensions xps r350 for Quake and I'm short on parts to actually determine the failure. It's a PII 350 mhz on a 200 watt psu with, I believe, that wonky dell atx port and an aux connector. No second psu to test with. If everything is connected then nothing happens...
  5. C

Internal PC Speaker is blown. What can I replace with?

It's a 1/4 watt 8ohm 55mm speaker and I tested it with a multimeter to make sure it was at fault. RadioShack was useless and so far I've only found one replacement from a guy in Israel on eBay and it doesn't exactly look to be in the best of condition either. What kind of wiggle room do I have...
  6. C

Doom on a 486DX

I'm experiencing significant slowdown when I enable sound and music. If I disable both, it runs very smoothly. This is on a 486DX with 4mb ram. Is this my CPU or does it seem like something else?
  7. C

WTB: Lemmings IBM/PC

Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase or rent* an original release of Lemmings for a KryoFlux archive that I'm working on. I don't 100% know what to look for, but please contact me if you have a copy with one of the manuals below and a registration card with 4/91 in the bottom right of the Other...
  8. C

Lemmings Lemmings Lemmings

So these two manuals both lack mention of the expansion "Oh No! More lemmings" The first manual without language mentioned on the bottom right is taken from a UK listing, but I believe it might be used for the states release too. I've seen an alternative cover of the second manual with...
  9. C

Looking for all King's Quest II (Gray Box)

I'm searching for all copies of King's Quest II in a Gray Box. Searching particularly for 1.0W, but will snatch up anything until I locate this version.
  10. C

Lemmings Lemmings Lemmings

This game has been a thorn in my side for far too long. I've managed to collect pristine copies for both Oh no! More Lemmings and Lemmings 2 and yet no matter how many times I purchase Lemmings I always get their Rev#3 release. So, basically, what I'm looking for is their original May 20, 1991...
  11. C

Looking for vintage Maxis/Sierra games

I'm looking for the following, A-Train Construction Set - Dated before 11-06-1992 SimHealth - back-right label of diskettes has a serial and I'm looking for one that ends with the letter A Space Quest II v2.0A Police Quest I 2.0A int 2.912 King's Quest (Gray Box) (Booter) for IBM PC King's...
  12. C

Looking for someone w/ a KryoFlux & unmodified Might and Magic I & II disks & more

Looking for someone w/ a KryoFlux & unmodified Might and Magic I & II disks & more Focusing on versions timestamped (11/18/87) and (05-04-89) respectively.
  13. C

Mario is Missing versions

This is one of those games that's been impossible for me to track down any information on. I've run into four different releases; a much later release with a cheaper black and white label and no version info. (installer says v1.0.8 and timestamps matches) a release with the original label...
  14. C

Lemmings

I was wondering if anyone happened to have this version of lemmings. I keep finding the July version in all the auctions I win. Lemmings (05/24/91) 04/30/1991 10:21 AM 12,988 ADLIB.DAT 03/31/1991 06:19 PM 20,901 CGAGR0.DAT 03/31/1991 06:19 PM 25,696...
  15. C

Sim City (IBM PC) (1989) - Does v1.1 exist?

This has been driving me nuts. I've been purchasing the original "Godzilla" packaging every time I find it on eBay, but every disk I've gotten has ended up being modified. I don't have any solid proof, but I believe there once was a v1.1 for Dos. One disk even had a README titled "SimCity V1.1...
Back