• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by daewoo 2800

1. daewoo 2800

what do you know about the ASUS MES-N?

hey what do you know about the ASUS MES-N? is it in the collectible category like the super socket 7 P5A-B or the Slot1 P2B-F ? it is a bit weird with a riser board that has the ATX power connector, front panel connections and 2 USB connectors plus the disk connectors on it... any other quirky...
  2. daewoo 2800

Dell Optiplex GX110 board

i just looked at the other post that jafir posted a link to an adaptor also but it is not the right one even though it says it will work for the GX110 and the GX1 i repinned like the #19 post and you will need this link too https://pinouts.ru/visual/gen/dell_atxaux.jpg i had to cut off the red...
  3. daewoo 2800

go back and read the posts in this thread..your questions will be answered you will have to repin the adaptor to make it work
  4. daewoo 2800

the intrusion switch is just a mechanical contact switch. no way it can fail.
  5. daewoo 2800

yes last night i hit the down arrow key rapidly and got down to boot order and its set to A:/;C:/;CD on the next time i got in to the bios i got to the bottom of the page and could see the security settings but didn't get into it. if i stop hitting keys for a second the keyboard stops...
  6. daewoo 2800

ok so the front panel came. i taped the intrusion switch down. when up there is continuity. i left the battery out for about 3 hours( for an additional error) and when i started up the keyboard worked for 1 or 2 times while in the bios setup, then again no keyboard but it works intermittently...
  7. daewoo 2800

the front panel boards' ETA is tomorrow but it's the post office and april fools day.. that would be nice if that is all it is.
  8. daewoo 2800

right, as said it runs at PC-100 speed dells are 'sposed to be finicky about memory so i'm just running one stick of any type. i hate those unruly computers doing what they want, when they want! still no luck with the keyboard. if i remove alerts (no fan or the intrusion switch error) all the...
  9. daewoo 2800

KB is a PS/2, i tried 2, one is older than the computer. one is a Microsoft and the other is the Leading Edge KB that came with the Leading Edge computer. the LE was made in 94-95 and the dell was 99. no issue with the LE-KB even works on the old Asus boards with a PS/2 to Serial adaptor...
  10. daewoo 2800

i just put in a HDD with 98 on it..so it should boot, but nope. the keyboard (2) still doesn't work when i get into the bios.. weird 98 just hangs at the splash screen . if i put the HDD in a different computer it boots, i wasn't sure if there is a HDD size limit but both HDD's i tried are...
  11. daewoo 2800

Gigabite, you are the wizard with all the magic! last night computer made it through to loading the os and choked but that is due to most likely only having one pc100-128mb stick for win98. today after work I;ll put in another 128mb and try again.. if not i have 2 pc133 256mb sticks that is...
  12. daewoo 2800

the post card errors are 20,30 over and over with a 2c or 3c tossed in here and there. there are more during boot but they are not retained by the card. F2 doesn't go to bios....just hangs F12 just says "Attempting Network Boot" the bios that is on the computer now is 1.10 a02 i DL the newest...
  13. daewoo 2800

riser works now, i had to have a pci slot for the post card. it worked then put in a different vid card and it works so that other vid card "doesn't play well with dell" can't get past F2--->entering setup bad bios i think probably a solder in kind
  14. daewoo 2800

so with the riser and a vid card in i get nothin', nada. removed the riser and plugged into the onboard vid .. i get some excitement!!! but its short-lived .. only goes as far as.. entering setup post card after dinner.... also riser slot is bad
  15. daewoo 2800

we have action!! when i plugged in the board the 2 LEDs came on! one on the MB and one on the riser. then powered on with pins 2&3 but nothing on the screen not sure if the cpu is bad, i don't have a spare for that board could of been fried with the wrong power inputs i'll see if it gets hot...
Back