• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Datamisc

1. D

CopyWrite Back up copy-protected software

Not sure if anyone is interested in this software, its rare and had it in a drawer since 1991 it was developed by Quaid Software Limited, and I used it to remove copy protection on some old DOS games to create a backup or run them from the Hard Disk even if the game did not let you originally...
  2. D

Old monitor Acerview 11vga

Roger, did the degaussing, and the borders are straight. They dont fill all the screen, but i guess that is how it was maybe? Thanks once more
  3. D

Ok after your advice I checked that area, using magnifier glasses and found some cracks in the solder in a couple of components, applied flux and re-soldered them. these are the results: And I cannot describe the feeling of watching that screen alive again! Hugo Holden, Bburley and Andy...
  4. D

Ok, will check that out. Thank you
  5. D

Ok will triple check with the oscilloscope and will analyze the schematics for that area. Thank you Burley..
  6. D

So, this repair is not only to make the monitor work, but I also love to learn new things. I could not find the Horizontal Output Transistor, as much effort I gave, it was supposed to be near the Flyback transformer, but my inexperienced eyes just didn't saw it. After much investigation about...
  7. D

Ok work has the best of me at the moment, but managed to do a fast modification to the G2 (285 v) and took a picture of the screen, will check what hugo said once I get more time, Thank you all again.
  8. D

Will do that and post here my results. thanks
  9. D

Interesting article, thank you Burley, will read it also tomorrow so my head gets all the important things.
  10. D

Hey Andy, thank for the reply, I've read about desoldering the G2 wire and doing direct measures on it. Should I do that first or adjust the G2 knob first and how much voltage do you recommend?
  11. D

Thanks for the Explanation Hugo, this is my first time with a CRT monitor and between all your help and things I read I am slowly learning the works of it. Will search for the H output transistor and will measure it then.
  12. D

Ok I got the High Voltage Probe and measured the only transistor I could find in the power PCB, the K793 high voltage N-MOSFET with the following results Gate: Drain: Source Also did a double check on the G1: And for G2, I checked the power coming from the EHT: And once it got to...
  13. D

Thank you, I have ordered the probe. Will double check voltage in G1 and G2 meanwhile. Any other thing I have to check that I have missed? Have a good weekend guys!
  14. D

It does look a lot more like mine. will check it and post my results. Thanks Burley.
  15. D

Not sure if there is a way to check the Extra high-tension transformer, after doing a double check on the voltages in G1 and G2 any other advice Hugo?
Back