• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

daver2's latest activity

• daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread CBM PET 710 WITH BASIC PROBLEMS.
    Try changing the oscilloscope synchronising onto the channel used for the address line instead of the NOP EPROM pin 22. And adjust the...
  • daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread CBM 3040 Repair.
    >>> PIN7 (SYNC) LO This indicates that the 6502 CPU is NOT executing instructions. It has probably halted. Dave
  • daver2
    Don't forget that you will have to adjust the oscilloscope timebase to 'see' the address line. We are only using the EPROM /CS line as...
  • daver2
    So the top trace (the address line) is just mush... You do have a CPU SYNC pulse don't you? Dave
  • daver2
    Please stop... These don't look correct... What is the top trace and the bottom trace? Dave
  • daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread Cromemco dazzler replica project.
    So, I have put together a simple model of the circuit. Interestingly, the model has a 'ghost pulse' as well! Also, occasionally, the...
  • daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread PDP11 - LSI11/02 and RQDX3.
    The bottom line is it may be dictated by the CPU card. If the CPU card is ONLY 16-bit, then it doesn't matter what the backplane is...
    • 1711624722333.png
  • daver2
    I was proposing this previously, but I think we are now finding the faults as we go - and more! The scope traces will be a great...
  • daver2
    daver2 reacted to Hugo Holden's post in the thread Cromemco dazzler replica project with Like Like.
    I think a formal re-write of the Cromemco test protocol is indicated. Also to include scope grabs.
  • daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread PDP11 - LSI11/02 and RQDX3.
    Welcome to the world of PDP-11 machines... I wouldn't start with storage just yet. I would get the CPU, memory and bootstrap working...
  • daver2
    Me, having a chicken head as avatar, why didn't I think of that? Thank you!
  • daver2
    I think those traces are pretty conclusive. I would suggest leaving the machine at 2 MHz for now and we will have a think about the...
  • daver2
    Hmm, The US Patent is different to the Dazzler implementation. I am just wondering if what you are seeing is correct? I will have to...
  • daver2
    IC 42/3 is definitely wrong (although I do have a headache and I am getting ready for an early night). We will have to do this the...
  • daver2
    This one is somewhat testing - as our usual 'tools' (a NOP generator) no longer appears to work reliably - hence we are having to use...
Back