• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

daver2's latest activity

• daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread CBM 3040 Repair.
    Don't forget that there may be some ROM code in the special function devices? Dave
  • daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread CBM PET 710 WITH BASIC PROBLEMS.
    Use one probe of the oscilloscope, with the trigger set for that probe and adjust the timebase from slow to fast until something...
  • daver2
    There is no point unless we know that the address bus is working. How do we know what device is writing to the data bus (if anything...
  • daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread PDP11 - LSI11/02 and RQDX3.
    According to this manual (which I can read better)...
  • daver2
    You might want to start here: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/looking-for-rqdx3-programming-examples.1210509/post-1210798...
  • daver2
    Very probably. You should be able to dump the code - it should appear at 173000 (in a 16-bit system with a following wind). I should...
  • daver2
    If the address buffers (U19 and U18) are enabled, the CPU address bus should appear on A0 to A12 of the ROM/EPROM devices. If we see...
  • daver2
    >>> I had heard over the years that the SuperPet was designed to work along mainframes and minis but I never knew if that was true...
  • daver2
    Let's explain a little bit more... The CPU (if it has a signal on pin 3 - SYNC) is fetching and executing instructions. We don't know...
  • daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread S-100 Manuals.
    +1 I am grateful for this as well - and have contributed myself (in a small way) to the future preservation of 'unobtanium'...
  • daver2
    daver2 reacted to cj7hawk's post in the thread S-100 Manuals with Like Like.
    Someone is *always* going to be interested -- even if not now, definitely later. I am very grateful for those who have put up manuals...
  • daver2
    daver2 replied to the thread CBM 3040 Repair.
    Ah. It is now executing 'something'... Has this changed the LED light show on start-up? Dave
  • daver2
    We don't want the timebase to be full scale. That is the FAST end. We want to SLOW it down. I am not sure what I am actually looking at...
  • daver2
    Unless you have an MRV11-C (or similar) board to store some bootstrap firmware - yes, you are going to have to enter it via ODT...
  • daver2
    Let's assume first that the problem is the person taking the measurements shall we? Dave
Back