• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by DeChief

1. D

Commodore PC 20-II - Disassembly and FDD Repair

I recently got a Commodore PC 20-II for free with its keyboard, a Thompson monitor, all the cables, a mouse, and a bunch of floppies, and I've got a few questions. How can I remove the boards? I managed to get the FDD and HDD out with great difficulty, but I can't see a way to easily remove...
  2. D

A bunch of questions on: Sega TeraDrive, IBM XT 5160 + 5162, and Japanese IBM PCs

Well I'm back again with lots of stupid questions. I've been tinkering with a Sega TeraDrive that I've had for a while and ran into a problem with the floppy drive. It's was working perfectly at first and I was happily booting DOS and playing some Duke Nukem from a parallel port HDD, but a few...
  3. D

Toshiba Japanese MS-DOS V3.10 Disks for J-3100

I wasn't able to find these these anywhere, so here are the .imz files just in case someone else needs them. http://www.mediafire.com/download/mb5tatwanyvmra7/Toshiba+J-3100+Japanese+MS-DOS+V3.10.rar
  4. D

Toshiba J-3100GT/T3100 Laptop - Hard Drive Solution?

I recently got a Toshiba J-3100GT Model 002 laptop in fantastic condition with a carry case and all the manuals, and I was looking to install a hard drive in it just for the novelty of doing some 286 gaming (mainly Spear of Destiny and Duke Nukem. I might upgrade to a 386 or 486 if one will fit)...
  5. D

WTB - Old Bungie Games (Marathon, Pathways into Darkness, Operation: Desert Storm) fo

Hey guys, I'm looking to complete my collection of pre-Myth Bungie games. Here's what I'm still looking for, along with the desired condition: Operation: Desert Storm - I'd really like a complete-in-box copy of this game in fair condition (eg. not many tears in the cardboard, not too...
  6. D

Japanese Commodore PET 2001-32N B Revival - Help!

So I recently purchased a busted Commodore PET here in Japan and I've been trying to revive it, but a lot of the information out there is conflicting and/or doesn't apply to my PET's motherboard. It has what seems to be a common problem: garbage on the screen upon boot. It goes past that to a...
Back