• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by DennisDC

1. D

Two EGA monitors, color pallette is different

Thanks for putting the images together like that, do you think its just a cable issue?
  2. D

The last photo is with the Goldstar at half contrast.
  3. D

OK I managed to get an image of the EGA palette, first off this is the Goldstar monitor: And the Unisys: From what I can see the "reds" or oranges in the Goldstar are the most different.
  4. D

I have two EGA monitors but they seem to produce slightly different colors, is this normal ? The first is a Goldstar model: This is the Unisys model:
  5. D

Looking for dip switch settings for an EGA Chips&Technologies P82C434

I'm wondering if anyone has the manual for this video card? specifically what the five dip switches are for
  6. D

Need advice on battery replacement for 286 motherboard

Trying to figure a way to get a new batter in this pesky 286 motherboard, any ideas ?
  7. D

Problems with external battery for 286 motherboard

I rigged together an external battery pack to try to save the CMOS settings on my 286 motherboard. Basically I'm using a speaker cable attached to 2x CR2032 batteries, and according to my voltmeter it provides 3.6 volts, which should be enough to save some of the settings?. However when I...
  8. D

EGA monitor on Tandy 1000 EX

Wondering if an EGA monitor will work on a Tandy 1000 EX, from what I understand the Tandy has enhanced graphics meaning it should be close to EGA ?
  9. D

PowerMate SX20 problems

So I managed to pickup a PowerMate SX20 few weeks ago and I've been trying to restore it. The computer boots but HD is dead, so I got a hold a 560MB HD that only boots with an EIDE controller, because the BIOS is not detecting the HD off the motherboard. So I bought a new CMOS battery from...
  10. D

IBM PS/1 display error, need some help

I have an IBM Personal System 1 model 2011 and recently I'm getting an error code 2401. I did some googling and found this Display error (with 1 long beep and 2 short beeps) any ideas ? thanks...
  11. D

KLH 195 286, hard drive question

Wondering if anyone can help me find a hard drive for a KLH 195 286. It does take IDE but I'm having a hard time to find a hard drive for this computer
Back