• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Dr. Killemov

1. D

PET 2001-N with non-functioning transformer

Alrighty...mains wiring coming in is as such: plug is grounded to case with green wire. Transformer is grounded to case at same point with green wire. Brown wire from cord goes to switch on one side. Black wire coming from other side of switch goes to fuse. Black wire coming out of other...
  2. D

Makes perfect sense, Dave. Thank you. I'll go look up those schematics this afternoon.
  3. D

Okay...finally over pneumonia and all the aftereffects of it all and so I finally dug into the PET. Here are a few pictures of what's going on inside it. The wiring had been messed with, that's for sure. The black wires on the mains side were complete and hadn't been cut and rerouted, it looks...
  4. D

Hello,everyone! I'm sorry to have been gone so long, but I've been stuck up in the hospital for almost two weeks with viral pneumonia and my kidneys decided they weren't gonna work that hard and darned near just shut down on me. I'm back though, and not feeling too terribly bad, so I'll be...
  5. D

I will take all this under advisement and take lots of pics in the process. I really appreciate the help. I'd like to see her at least powering up in some way before Halloween and this goes a long way towards that goal.
  6. D

Will do. Thanks.
  7. D

I will absolutely give this a shot, Daver2, once I get it back to the house, come Monday morning, and I'll delve into that thread ASAP.
  8. D

That's the thing, really. In my reading up on it, I came to the same conclusion. As noted in my response below, I had taken it to a shop to have it looked at. It was obvious to the gentleman that looked at it and he's been in business for 30-some-odd years so I just sort-of defaulted to his...
  9. D

The I say it's obvious to me, but really, it was obvious to the computer shop I had taken it to to get checked out. The gentleman there said that it was plain dead...absolutely no voltage coming from it, which I thought was a little odd, to be honest. I'm fairly proficient at using a voltage...
  10. D

Hello, everyone! First time poster here, but I've been collecting for years. I have this 2001-N that I've finally decided to take and have it checked out, but alas, she is absolutely dead. It's obvious that the transformer isn't feeding the machine any voltage at all and I'd like to start there...
Back