• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Ed in SoDak

1. E

ZX Spectrum 48K Repair. I could really use some help from the other side of the pond repairing this...

Sorry Guys. I wrote above- I was referring to my Timex SInclair TS1500, not the Speccy. I didn't know nor check to see if the Spectrum was similar or not. Guess I should have or at least made it more clear I wasn't talking about a Spectrum. Glass or styrene I don't know, but C18 broke and...
  2. E

ZX Spectrum 48K Repair. I could really use some help from the other side of the pond repairing this...

Did you make any progress on this? My TS1500 would load but not save. I finally tracked that down to a glass capacitor in the audio circuits, located adjacent to the rec/play jacks. The scoped audio shows very definite waveforms that may help with troubleshooting. I don't own a scope but I've...
  3. E

I have just bought a macintosh classic but it has no applications on it.

No, I was using the Lombard as an easy way to get something from newer Macs onto older 68k machines. The Lombard had the USB to read a thumb drive, save that to an external SCSI then move that to the 68k. The Lombard failed with some hardware problem I wasn't able to diagnose which board to...
  4. E

I have just bought a macintosh classic but it has no applications on it.

I haven't needed to do this in awhile. My Mac G3 Lombard laptop had USB and the SCSI adapter which made it pretty easy. That died a few years back so I guess I'd now be in the same boat as the OP with getting something new onto one of my old 68k Macs. Since they're all in storage anyway, I...
  5. E

Need Files off Power Mac 7500

Did you get anywhere with this? If the Quantum drive was the primary boot drive and also has the other needed files and programs, there may be a way to change to another drive to boot. On a multi-drive Mac, one drive is selected by the user as the boot drive. That's done using the Startup Disk...
  6. E

Apple ][ e need help: can't load programs from drive

My first post in furever and dunked in the pickle barrel. Oh my. At least I still have the IIc!
  7. E

Apple ][ e need help: can't load programs from drive

So... I have this Apple IIc. I turn it on and all it does is chatter. I figured it was broken. Years later I learn you have to have a disk in the drive... Duh me. <true story> Tick tock tick tock. Happy Fourth of July 2022! WOOT!
  8. E

Levco / SUperMac Prodigy SE accelerator board and utility software

I hope you're able to make it more functional. Crazy to ignore the SE's on-board memory then cripple it with only a meg installed. My first impression is it's huge! I popped for this MicroMac accelerator BITD for a size comparison.
  9. E

Video on a Mac IIci

I have a Mac IIci, which ought to work but I'm not getting any video. I "borrowed" a couple of the RAM boards from it to get a Mac Classic II working. That wasn't the issue with the Classic, but I left the IIci's RAM in it. Being lazy, I just installed the old RAM from the Classic into the...
Back