• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ElSupremo

1. E

Is my memory error a ROM error?

Does anyone have any experience with the ROM chips failing in these and how that manifests?
  2. E

No, U19 and U23 are empty. That would be too easy haha!
  3. E

I've been trying to fix my 1000 RL/HD with no success. When I power it on, I get random characters and colors on the screen. I say random, but it's actually the same image every time. I tested the voltages at the output pins from the power supply, and noticed that they were not steady. So, I...
  4. E

Tandy 1000 RL/HD RAM address fault

Oh dear, that's what I was afraid of. I was really hoping there was going to be another solution. What troubleshooting is possible that doesn't involve replacing chips? In the picture below, are the KM14C464J-10 chips the RAM? I've searched online for them in the past, and wasn't able to...
  5. E

Tandy 1000 RL/HD RAM address fault

Hello, I recently purchased a 1000 RL/HD on Craigslist. It displayed colorful, flashing characters on boot when I bought it, but after a second or two, booted into Deskmate or DOS like normal. Now, though, it never makes it past the flashing characters. I get a beep code of 4, 3, 1, which...
  6. E

How to bypass memory check 1000 RL/HD

Hello all, I recently purchased my first Tandy machine: a 1000 RL/HD. It was mostly functional, meaning that it booted into Deskmate and seemed to function fine when I got it home. During the boot sequence, random colors would flash across the screen, but it still booted properly. Thinking...
Back