• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Eudimorphodon's latest activity

• Eudimorphodon
    But unless your option ROM has the flash routine embedded in it you’re basically 100% safe in a PC. ;) (To program the SST flash chips...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Is it this one, or some previous model? Like maybe the one in this thread? To me it looks like neither one of these cards has a data...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Maybe that's a good argument for a flash chip like the SST39SF010. They use a "pound on the magic window" method of initiating write...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Did you ever link what exact card you bought? (Or posted a detailed picture of it?) Conceptually there is very little to the XT-CF...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Eudimorphodon replied to the thread Pocket 386.
    For laughs I looked at the schematic they posted, and it appears to me that an attempt was made to allow the clock to work. I am no...
  • Eudimorphodon
    I'm going to stand up for the amateurs here by noting that the completely and utterly homemade expansion board dinguses I designed and...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Doh, you're right. I got the impression that it could *only* handle the same 8-bit mini-backplane they were offering for the XT book. I...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Yay, back on topic. ;) Honestly, I'd say if you think you *might* be interested in it and have $200 fun bucks burning a hole in your...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Road safety inspections and periodic emission control testing are things because the condition of your car doesn't just matter to you...
    • old_man_yells_at_cloud.jpg
  • Eudimorphodon
    The *really* important thing you need to understand about the 6845 is what it *doesn’t* do. The chip generates sync/timing signals...
  • Eudimorphodon
    My kid takes a robotics course in her Middle school, and in that class she’s messing with computers at a roughly equal level to what we...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Eudimorphodon replied to the thread Weird Intel Windows 3.1.
    In case it wasn’t obvious my comments about “why can’t we call *this* (several goofy examples) “double density” were mostly tongue in...
  • Eudimorphodon
    We don’t live in the 80’s anymore. Most school computers didn’t even have hard disks, and if the kids were ever typing their homework in...
  • Eudimorphodon
    Eudimorphodon replied to the thread Micro 8088 - Kits Interest.
    I might be interested in #2, I think I have almost everything I need to populate this other than the chipset lying around. (I guess I...
  • Eudimorphodon
    It's not a Raspberry Pi, but if you want a disposable Linux laptop fast enough to emulate some classic games get yourself an "expired"...
Back