• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Gfbtdhg1

1. G

IBM 5161 Expansion Chassis Cord

So I have been having issues getting my PC to hook up to the expansion chassis. It will start and register that it's connected, and the hard drive will spin up and make an awful grinding sound, but the hard drive wont appear in DOS, and even when the hard drive is unplugged no other cards work...
  2. G

Wanted: DEC RL02 Disk Drive and/or rlv12 card

Looking for an RL02 disk drive and a RLV12 card. Simple as that.
  3. G

H11, H27, and WH14 Cluster

So recently I purchased a group of items. a H11, a H27, a WH14, and an arbitrary keyboard, all from the same person. I assume that they also had the same original owner. So after shipping, which was, of course, rough, somehow all of the cards had become unseated. Thankfully the owner had...
  4. G

H9 Terminal- Busted Tube

Hey there, Just got a H9 terminal for my H-11 (which I still have yet to interface with), and of course the back of the tube appears to have broken in shipping. It was just the nipple in the back, but now i can see and hear the shorting, not only there but also in a variable resistor on a...
  5. G

IBM 5110 odd issue

Hey there, I have had a 5110 for a while, and I had to re-seat the cards as they came out in the mail. However after booting up, first of all it starts in the second capital mode (i.e. it types Greek characters), but when I switch it to letters it is stuck in all caps. I took apart and checked...
  6. G

Moving media to a 5.25” or 8” disc

Does anybody have the capability to move files to either an RX01 single sided 8” or standard ibm floppy disc? I have the files to email, and can get the disks if need be.
  7. G

Compatibility of RL02/RL01 with Heathkit H11?

So I saw a video of someone connecting an RL02 to an H11, however I think it displayed an error code, however I was curious of the specifics of it. If I were to get an rlv11 and plug it in, what sort of modifications or parts would I have to get? (Jumpers, cables, etc.) Also, is there any way to...
  8. G

Heathkit H-11 Operating System (similar to PDP Lsi-11)

Hey there, Just purchased an H-11 with a H27 floppy drive, keyboard, printer, and an H9 video terminal, but no discs. What OS should I look for/ buy? I was thinking maybe Pascal, HDOS, BASIC, or CP/M, but I’m honestly not sure where to find compatible disks at all. I haven’t checked to see if...
  9. G

IBM 5103 printer ribbon

Does anybody know where to find paper or ink ribbons for the 5103? (Or how to DIY some :) Thanks, Harper
  10. G

Ibm 5110 dos

Hey, I was wondering if running dos on a Basic/Apl machine, specifically the 5110, was even possible. I don't know if there is some form of DOS that doesn't require the 80x86 architecture, or a single CPU for that matter. Maybe a DOS emulation running in BASIC? I don't know, Thanks, Harper
  11. G

Looking for intel aboveboard plus 8

Just as the title describes. Looking for an aboveboard plus 8. Not sure if that has a jumper box like the other aboveboard to connect to a pc or xt, but if that is needed then that'd also be a good addition. In the box all together works as well.
  12. G

Intel aboveboard 286 jumper for IBM PC

Hey guys, does anybody have the 14-pin jumper box that is needed to install an intel aboveboard 286 in a pc or pc xt? I'm thinking about buying a card, but it won't be of much use to my xt unless it has it. Even a diagram of which pins to connect would be helpful. Thanks.
  13. G

TDX TELEBYTE software for IBM PC

Does anybody have a copy (preferably physical, but just the files work too) of the software that came with the TDX Telebyte 9-Track drive for the IBM PC? (Would trade physical copy for trident vga card or would buy if would rather that.) Thanks, Harper
  14. G

Compaq Portable EGA/VGA CRT

Is it possible to upgrade and replace the crt in the portable so as to add color? I know that the VDU card by defualt has cga emulation, and that there was an ega emulator card that would work with...
  15. G

3-D Point Cloud scanner for IBM PC

Does anybody know anything about this scanner? It's a pretty cool add on if anybody knew the name of it.
Back