• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Grizzly Adam

1. Grizzly Adam

Tandy1400 HD Power Supply Help!

Good afternoon all, I am looking at the power supply board for a friend of mine (he did nit send the whole computer, just the board and the wall adapter). I am getting some voltages, but not all. I am told that the HD and FD have the same PS, but the LT is different. Not all pins have the...
  2. Grizzly Adam

DOS & Don't Retro Newsletter

Issue #5 of the DOS & Dont's Retro Newsletter is out now! This month's articles include Before Stella: Early Atari Systems, Joe Collett's First NES, Type-ins: Software From a Book (including an all new BASIC game), and The Legend of Zelda: A Timeless Classic. As always, we have Jon Mullin's...
  3. Grizzly Adam

Issue #3 of the DOS & Don'ts Retro Newsletter has been released! Topics this month include: How the lives of Nolan Bushnell, Ralph Baer, Aaron Fechter, and Bob Brock intertwine, Showbiz Pizza Place, the advantages of using cartridges, Die Hard, the Tandy 1000/SL, and the conclusion of Gaming and...
  4. Grizzly Adam

Issue #2 of the DOS & Don'ts Retro Newsletter has been released! Topics this month include: He-Man, Alex Kidd, Gaming & Robotics, and an old fashioned Hanukkah. Also included are reoccurring columns on photography, basic HTML, and retro living in a modern world. http://dosanddonts.mywebcommunity.org
  5. Grizzly Adam

The first issue of the DOS & Don'ts Newsletter was mailed out to subscribed last night (early access). The issue is now available on our website, http://dosanddonts.mywebcommunity.org Thanks to everyone that contributed!
  6. Grizzly Adam

The DOS & Don't newsletter will publish it's first issue on November 1st. Topics will include all things retro such as: gaming, computing, photography, retro-living, fads, nostalgia and much more! Please sign-up to receive the newsletter, and use the other links to submit retro memories, write...
  7. Grizzly Adam

Proxy for Text Browser

I think I am going to give this one a try, see if it fits my purpose. https://github.com/rdmark/macproxy
  8. Grizzly Adam

Proxy for Text Browser

The goal is to remove all the extra code that is useless to my browser and, essential, speed up the connection. I am running DOSppp with mtcp and wattcp also functioning.
  9. Grizzly Adam

Proxy for Text Browser

I have created a dialup server on a RaspPi that I am using to connect my Compaq SLT/286 via it's 2400 baud modem. I am wording what would be the best proxy I could run to cut out all the extraneous coding that my text browser (DOSlynx) can't process anyway. Either something I can just type in...
  10. Grizzly Adam

Compaq SLT/286 4MiB Memory

I would be down for some 286 ram. if it is affordable I have a single 1mb chip right now.
  11. Grizzly Adam

Compaq SLT 386s/20 power supply pinout

Yes I have. I know where the voltages come in, what I am wondering is if there are continuity between any of the pins. Maybe some of them form a bridge to charge the batteries?
  12. Grizzly Adam

Sure can, it was a two-parter. I just posted it for someone else last night. It's a different computer, but the same pack.
  13. Grizzly Adam

I saw on a video that it takes a heat gun and a long time to crack into one.
  14. Grizzly Adam

Can you please do continuity testing on the 18v charge and tell me what pins have continuity? I am wanting to make sure I get the battery charging circuit connected correctly because I will be rebuilding my battery pack as well.
  15. Grizzly Adam

Compaq portable iii

I ordered 10uF 35v for mine. I had three of them pop, one of which was visibly exploded and two that showed no visible signs of damage but showed no resistance during continuity testing.
Back